New Adventure begins

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New Adventure begins

Post by Elisabetta »

Grok wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:16 amProgress! :D
Baby steps lol. Our setup is nice people love coming over and sitting with us outdoors.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Thank you all.♥️
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

The living situation is much more tolerable now that we're in a better site.
20240519_094137.jpg
It's still not what I'd call a "large site", but it's a hundred times better than what we had. At least we can fully extend our awning and host friends (as you can see).

It'll do.

Kinda wondering when it's going to warm up a bit. It's been in the 50's for weeks now with no signs of warming up at all in the extended forecast. I know after mid May, I'm used to having the air conditioner on full blown. Shoot... we're still running the heat at night!

I chuckled to myself when I wondered if the PNW natives have ever had "a good sweat"? I ain't talking about the one you get at the gym on Wednesdays... no... I'm talking about a "digging post holes in the southern July sun in an open field all day, when you drink 5 gallons of water and don't pee a single time.... kind of sweat...?"

:lol:

I'll bet nobody here as ever just let out a sigh, wiped the sweat off their brow, and muttered a "damn it's hot today!".

They don't seem to get much snow in the winter either. Had a couple stay at the park for a month a while back... from Ohio. Standing with my neighbors as we sized them up, I pointed at the rust under their car... "yep, they're legit easterners". Don't see a lot of rust buckets up here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Ozdelights
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ozdelights »

Looks like a much better place. I hope you can feel a bit more settled for the rest of your time there.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Moon and I fly to Virginia tomorrow morning for our first time.

Rufus got boarded around 4pm at the dog kennels and let me tell you I cried. Tell me you love your dog without telling me.

We will update you guys once we land and get situated.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

moonshadow wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:30 am
They don't seem to get much snow in the winter either.
Some winters here we have genuine winter snow storms...leading to lots of snow, icy roads....

Typically, we have definite summer weather in June. Hottest/dry-ist time of year is late July/early August. Summer usually starts to wind down in late August, with the seasonal transition in mid/late September. Early September is usually the last gasp of summer, though last year summer faded out in late August.