Website update midasclothing.com

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Wiha

Website update midasclothing.com

Post by Wiha »

All,

Midasclothing finally updated there website.
check it out: http://www.midasclothing.com

Wiha
DanR

Buy something from Lance

Post by DanR »

Lance (the owner of Midas, which stands for Men In Dresses And Skirts, by the way) is a great guy as those of you at MSM a couple years ago can attest to. Buy something from him if you've got the cash to spare. He's in critical year 5 of his business...the make or break year for the apparel industry.

If you're in the Manchester area in the UK, look up his shop. He's got a great sense of humor if you can sit down with him over a couple pints of your favorite beverage.
Dan Richardson
The CitySkirt Company
lance

Hope you like the new site

Post by lance »

Hi,
Thankyou Dan for your all your support and kind words. I look back on our meeting in New York for MSM as being a wonderful occasion that I would not have missed for the world.
It is sad to recall the Tom died so soon after but I felt so privileged to have met him.
I suppose I had better clarify one point,we do not have a shop as such, so anyone trekking to Manchester in search of us may be disappointed. Our shop is as you see at http://www.midasclothing.com, a virtual shop. However,the beer here is definitely not virtual,virtuous possibly and I would gladly down a pint or two with any visitor.
Nice to be back again,its a few years since I last posted on the old site.
Will try to be more consistent in future.
Look forward to hearing everyone's comments on the new site.
Lance
Bravehearts.us
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bravehearts.us »

Hi Lance. How’s Kat? I wondered what happened to you guys. Yes it was great to network at MSM and to meet the two of you. (And everyone else) How about an personal email so we can keep in touch?
BTW…what is 70 pounds in American dollars?
Lar
lance

Post by lance »

Hello Lar,
Kat is fine thankyou,just moving house at the moment. I'll send her your regards.
£70 is quite a few dollars at the moment,around $133 to be precise.Gulp!!
Yeh I'll send you a personal e-mail. Would be great to keep in touch
Lance
DanR

Currency conversion

Post by DanR »

Bravehearts.us wrote:Hi Lance. How’s Kat? I wondered what happened to you guys. Yes it was great to network at MSM and to meet the two of you. (And everyone else) How about an personal email so we can keep in touch?
BTW…what is 70 pounds in American dollars?
Lar
Those of us fortunate enough to use Mac OS X Tiger have a nifty little Dashboard applet that will convert just about anything to anything else. (Although it won't convert furlongs to lightyears. :rolleyes: )

For you Windows or Linux users, you can hit this site:
http://www.xe.com
for converting currency.
Dan Richardson
The CitySkirt Company
gshubert

Google converts

Post by gshubert »

The Google main web page will do calculations and conversions too.

I typed in "70 british pounds to dollars" and Google replied, "70 British pounds = 133.42 U.S. dollars Rates provided for information only".

I also entered "light year in furlongs" and got back "1 light year = 4.70279985 × 10^13 furlongs", which is a bunch.
--G. Shubert
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Beautiful variety in the skirts. I look forward to the dresses when they are available.

Quiet Mouse
lance

Dresses

Post by lance »

Thanks,Skirt Chaser/Quiet Mouse, we believe we have an interesting range. We hope in future to also be more pro-active and update our collection more regularly.

We also hope this time to have something new in the DRESS section before too long...we are seriously working on this one, but more complicated than the skirts to try and get right!

To Dan, shows that Great Minds think alike!!!?....I too use XE.com for exchange rates!
Useful to know about Google as well, never noticed that? Furlongs I can just about handle, but these light years... just too heavy for me!? :think: Thanks Gshubert
shropshire steve

Too short

Post by shropshire steve »

Interested to see this but the lenghts are mostly too short for me. I am quite tall and slim and without going into too many other personal details I find that 24'' is the absolute minimum length of skirt that works for me.
My Amerikilts are max lenght (24''+?) my traditional high waisted kilt is 26.5'' a lot of skirts on this site are less than that, i could just not go with those lengths.
I wonder if Lance has ever thought of offering longer length versions of some of his designs?
shropshire steve
lance

Post by lance »

I wonder if Lance has ever thought of offering longer length versions of some of his designs?
We do offer 24" length in both the black and the autumn blend kilts and we are looking at introducing longer length garments in our range. We have to be careful though of the style as not all styles are practical in longer lengths due too the restriction of movement etc. so these may be in different designs to those offered at present.

I cannot suggest a time scale as yet for these additions so please keep checking the site.

Pleased to receive yours and everyone's comments as always
Thankyou