Do you have this stone washed denim kilt?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
tnwheels

Do you have this stone washed denim kilt?

Post by tnwheels »

https://scottishkiltshop.com/stonewash- ... -kilt.html

Does anyone have this particular kilt from Scottish Kilt Shop? I have another denim one that they make and I am happy with the quality of it I just didn't care for the pocket arrangements. This one looks like it has side slash pockets like jeans which is what I am looking for.
KiltedintheValley

Re: Do you have this stone washed denim kilt?

Post by KiltedintheValley »

Yes, I have this kilt. Mine does not have the extra 5 buttons on the apron as the one in the link shows. It is of good quality. Although, I had to do some emergency stitching on the left pocket after a hike one fall afternoon. That was entirely my fault, and of no reflection on the overall quality of the kilt.

I purchased mine in September of 2018 and did not receive it for 6 weeks. It made me a bit nervous, but I finally got it and I love it. I am not a fan of the stonewash, but it is the only kilt I could find with pockets like jeans. It is very comfortable and warm in the cooler weather. Because it is denim, it gets a bit warm in the summer months. It does appear more skirt-like than my other kilts (I have 6 kilts total). Many have commented they like my "skirt". I don't correct them, I just say, "Thank you!", and move on. My pastor stated he admired my bravery for wearing such a garment! :D

I have a denim knee-length skirt I want to wear in public, but since my wife isn't great with the idea of me wearing any other skirt besides a kilt, I haven't done it yet. I will soon...very soon!
"Be weird. Be random. Be who you are, because you never know who would love the person you hide." - Alan Watts

Life is too short to talk yourself out of wearing what you want because “I can’t pull off that look”.
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

It don't look to bad, They have a Black Washed Denim Tartan Hybrid Kilt that would look good with red tartan in it.
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

tnwheels wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:35 am https://scottishkiltshop.com/stonewash- ... -kilt.html

Does anyone have this particular kilt from Scottish Kilt Shop? I have another denim one that they make and I am happy with the quality of it I just didn't care for the pocket arrangements. This one looks like it has side slash pockets like jeans which is what I am looking for.
I just didn't care for the pocket arrangements. This one looks like it has side slash pockets like jeans which is what I am looking for.

I don't care for the high on the buttocks pocket placement either !

Looking closely there appears to be slant/slash pockets on both sides of the kilt just below the waist line -
How deep or functional a question.
IMO the best pocket placement is like the true Utilikilt with cargo pockets outboard from the fingertips.
That placement does not interfere with the pleats or aprons.

The snazzy box pleated kilt with various tartan inserts is impressive and eye catching.

One sour note the pricing - of course you would expect to pay more for extended larger sizing but
ordering a short mini kilt and you are paying more too - something in the 14-16 inch hem length.

Denim is not your ordinary everyday fabric material - but most any kilt maker can make your custom (util) kilt
with fabrics natural and man made to your specs.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
tnwheels

Post by tnwheels »

Good to know that it does have the jeans style pockets on the side. I was a little on the fence with the stone washed although I do have a couple of jeans to skirt conversions that are regular denim so the stone washed would be something different. I may check with UT Kilts and see if they would do a denim. I have a couple of their ultimate kilts that I like a lot. I am still going to consider the one from Scottish Kilts.

The box pleated one that looks like jeans on the top is pretty cool also. I think someone from this forum sent them a picture of the design and they started making that one as a regular offering.