davemcwish Intro

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
davemcwish

davemcwish Intro

Post by davemcwish »

Hi all,

I'm a thirtysomething from just outside London (UK) that's been a lurker for a while so I though it a bout time I introduced myself. Being Scottish, I am used to wearing 'skirts' albeit of the kilt variety. I have two:-

This one inherited from by uncle:- http://www.tartan-finder.com/images/z-102176.jpg
and a modern variation I wore for my wedding:- http://www.tartan-finder.com/images/z-102081.jpg

Both were of the traditional length ending at me knee.

I'm looking for others opinions on 'proper skirts' and in particular those that go above the knee but obviously not too much.

davemcwish
skirtingtherealissue

Re: davemcwish Intro

Post by skirtingtherealissue »

Welcome to the Cafe from another south east England resident.
Ash

Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. - Dr Martin Luther King Jnr.
stefan

Post by stefan »

And another welcome from Sweden.

/Stefan
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

And a welcome from South Buckinghamshire too.

I wear a mix of kilts and skirts and have skirts from ankle length to 15", shorter than that and I'm liable to dangle in free space (if you see what I mean) :shock:

The most interesting thing that the majority report when they start wearing skirts out in the real world is just how little attention they actually get. Some folks notice and are curious, some ask and can be educated, some just laugh to themselves or with their mates (cheer up, it's not all bad: you've just brightened their day) but most either don't notice or don't care. Going out skirted feels like a big issue but if you can look calm, comfortable and confident the world around you will simply carry on exactly as it would if you were in jeans.

Try it, you'll be surprised.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce