Introduction and Greetings from Sacramento, Ca

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Smaug777

Introduction and Greetings from Sacramento, Ca

Post by Smaug777 »

Hi, My name is Craig
I have enjoyed wearing skirts around the house for many years now but have never worn one in public. I learned about the comfort of skirts due to some experimenting in cross dressing about 30 years ago. I wear skirts for comfort not to look like a woman. I could never pull that off anyway. :D My wife is totally comfortable around me in skirts which is good because that's all i wear when at home, unless someone comes over. I recently bought two skirts and a mountain kilt (the kilt isn't pleated and its really a skirt for men) and am considering wearing them publicly. I ordered them on-line and am still waiting to get them, we'll see how they fit and look, and what i have to wear with them. I hope I have the courage to go for it. I'm not sure how my wife will feel in public with me wearing a skirt yet either. I guess when I try them on and and pick things to wear with them I'll ask her. She is really a very supportive woman but I don't want to embarrass her either. :lol: She saw a man and woman together the other day and he was wearing a kilt, she was a little surprised as things haven't progressed as fast here in the states as they have in Europe, you lucky blokes, but I don't think she was uncomfortable either. I really hope I and other men can get past our fears and stereotypes about skirts and other fashion and just dress in the manor that makes us most comfortable. I may need advise on shoes and other thing to wear with skirts so I am really glad to have found this site.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Introduction and Greetings from Sacramento, Ca

Post by r.m.anderson »

Hello Craig - aka Smaug777

Let me be the first to welcome you to the Mad Skirters Tea Party!

Viewing your resume I see that you will blend in with our crowd and
what is really nice that you have a wife that has your skirted blessings.

So post frequently and often. Glad to have you with us!

"Kilt-On"
rm
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Hi Craig and
:welcome:

We have a diverse group here so please feel free to join in
any of the conversations around the Cafe'.

Uncle Al
Duncanville, TX
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Welcome to the gang, Craig...
:welcome: :welcome:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
skirtingtherealissue

Post by skirtingtherealissue »

Welcome to the Cafe Craig.

Will Bilbo and Gandalf be joining us soon? :lol: :hide:
TomH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TomH »

Welcome to the Cafe Craig,
I was around Sacramento a few weeks ago in my skirts for a few days and no one batted an eye that I noticed. We went to many different stores and a few parks.
It gets easier the more you get out there, so give it a try.

TomH
Smaug777

Post by Smaug777 »

Thanks for the welcome, :lol: for Bilbo and Gandalf. I use Smaug as a gamertag on my Xbox360.I am a big fan of middle earth so hence the name.
Thanks for the encouragement Tom, I just got my Mountain kilt from REI made by Mountain Gear. It is very comfortable but I wouldn't really classify it as a kilt, no pleats. It is a mans skirt which is ok with me. I asked my wife if she would go out in public with me in it, she said that depends on where we are going. At least it wasn't a straight "NO", hopefully we can get past the initial embarrassment together, I know I am ready. I am still waiting for two more skirts I ordered on-line, I am anxious to see how they fit and look. I am trying to find non femme skirts to wear in public. I wear femme skirts at home but I suppose I want clothes that will look more appropriate as male attire when in public even if it is a skirt.
Thanks again for all the warm welcomes, i have a question but I'll ask it in a different area of the forum.
Craig
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

:welcome: from the Scottish Borders.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
Smaug777

Post by Smaug777 »

Well I did it, on Saturday I went to the Starbucks downtown in my Mountain Kilt, waited in line, and bought a pound of coffee. No strange looks and no comments good or bad. I figured downtown Sacramento would be the place to start. I went to the Downtown mall next and walked around looking in the shops, I felt confident and felt like no one noticed. I'm sure some did but but it was all good. Later when I told my wife she blow up on me, this is extremely unusual for her. She is usually a very calm person, I knew there was something else bothering her. Once she calmed down and we talked she was fine. She worries if some one from our church or other friends saw me it would be terrible, I explained again I was wearing a mans garment and if other people didn't like it that was their problem not ours. She also told me she thought I was brave :lol: . We talked about how women earned the freedom to wear what they wanted because some brave ladies decided to do it no matter what other people thought. She then mentioned Katherine Hepburn, and a few others. We have a long way to go but I got a start and it felt good :D
Craig