Wearing women's jeans

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
FloralSkirt

Re: Wearing women's jeans

Post by FloralSkirt »

I have been wearing womens jeans for years. Some are fairly unisex looking. Others are very girly. No back or front pockets, a girly design on the back pocket... and I always get the flared or wide leg style.

Whenever I shop for them, I ask for the womens style that are wide legged lared and have most girly design on the back pocket OR no pockets at all!
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rick401r »

I tried women's jeans about a year ago. Now that's all I wear. they fit me better, they have a bit of stretch, and they are a bit thinner material (nice in hot weather). I tend to steer away from anything with flashy trim or stitching. The only drawbacks I've found are the small pockets and the short zipper length. No one even notices the fact that they're women's pants unless I wear the super low cut "skinny" jeans.
whitesocks

Post by whitesocks »

Hi Rick, you need to have a look at the full range of women's jeans on sale. Some do have short zips and some have shallow pockets but most have a normal zip, albeit right over left, and quite deep pockets. As for the material, I haven't really noticed much difference its really the cut I go for as that is what is most important.
Skirts, man's best friends :-)
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rick401r »

whitesocks wrote:Hi Rick, you need to have a look at the full range of women's jeans on sale. Some do have short zips and some have shallow pockets but most have a normal zip, albeit right over left, and quite deep pockets. As for the material, I haven't really noticed much difference its really the cut I go for as that is what is most important.
I guess I should have said that the styles I like best are made with the smaller pockets and shorter zippers.
FloralSkirt

Post by FloralSkirt »

I will admit that when I wear my wide leg womens jeans, women do notice that I am wearing womens jeans. Mens jeans do not come in wide leg. Its OK, I really don't care. I actually like it when women notice. Some of my friends know I wear womens jeans. A wife of 1 of my friends asked him why I am wearing womens jeans! LOL
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

I think the appropriate reply is the old one about er um "What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander" An apt, for once cliche. :hmmm: :hide:
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
whitesocks

Post by whitesocks »

Hi Floral, no one has ever mentioned that I am wearing women's jeans even though they obviously are mainly because of the right over left zip flap. Guess there just isn't the need for people to comment these days but I'm not after recognition just comfort because women's jeans fit me much better thaan men's.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

When you wear jeans - yah you know the normal baggy ill fitting ones - and you look into
a mirror - well that bloke in the mirror he is wearing strange jeans that zip on the other
side - or did you not notice?
So from the front it really does not matter which way the zip faces.
What really gets attention is wearing pocketless jeans; jean leggings; jeans or pants that
zip on the left side or in the rear.
These styles were marketed for women and are not found in men clothing.
Nobody asked Adam & Eve which side their fig leafs fastened!
But why should anyone really care what is worn if the critical bits are covered.
And take sailor pants - which side do I button-up first? Right - Left now I am confused.
Ah just put your clothes on and go about your business or maybe I should say put
your COMFORTABLE clothes on.
The womens jean clothing is generally made of a lighter weight denin and therefore
softer; more flexible and form fitting.
Wear-em if you can!

rm
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
whitesocks

Post by whitesocks »

Hi R.M. I understand exactly what you are saying but I was extremely conscious of the fact that the zip on my jeans would define it as women's clothing. What do you say if some one realises and tackles you? The thought of that was awful to say the least and I am certain that doesn't just apply to me. It is a lot easier now as I know that people just don't comment and even if they did I have no problems explaining why I do what I do.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

If I got them at a thrift store which is where I usually do then just tell the inquirer
that is where I got them and a real bargain at best compared to retail sellers.
If they are leggings then why beat around the bush - I just like them; the way they
fit wear and are low maintenance.
For pocketless pants - What Me Worry! I do not need pockets! I use a fanny pack
virtually everywhere I go.
Being forthright and emphasizing the positive I find helps defuse a situation that
seems to be headed in a crossdressing-transvestite direction. Need to redirect
the mind out of a gutter situation.
"I make fashion My Way!"

rm
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
whitesocks

Post by whitesocks »

Not sure that the conversation would head towards a tranvestite/cross dressing direction. Seems odd that people always assume this to be the case and I must admit that thought never occured to me. It was more a case of being unconventional and the general public have never been particularly receptive to of 'out of the ordinary'. I think the worry was more to do with genaral taunts of what you were wearing as opposed to what they thought of you personally, in my case a happily married man.
whitesocks

Post by whitesocks »

Just out of idle curiosity has anyone out there worn brightly coloured women's trousers? I have some very light pink, slate I think it is called, women's combat trousers (the ones with dangly bits on them) that are incredibly comfortable but don't stand out that much. There are some bright colours that I would love to wear but I just don't have the bottle. :oops:
whitesocks

Post by whitesocks »

rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rick401r »

whitesocks wrote:Hi Floral, no one has ever mentioned that I am wearing women's jeans even though they obviously are mainly because of the right over left zip flap. Guess there just isn't the need for people to comment these days but I'm not after recognition just comfort because women's jeans fit me much better thaan men's.
I have 5-6 pair of women's jeans. I checked them all and compared the zipper flap to a pair of men's jeans and they're all the same. Left over right. I asked my wife about it and she said all her jeans were the same. Left over right.
whitesocks

Post by whitesocks »

Hi Rick, out of all the womens jeans and trousers that I own, and it is quite a few pairs, only three have the left over right flap. All the rest are right over left. I guess different jean' manufacturers do it in different way, I have noticed that Levis always have left over right zip flap, but that is about the only one I know that does.