Wearing women's jeans

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
whitesocks

Wearing women's jeans

Post by whitesocks »

I've been wearing women's jeans for quite a few years now. I have fairly short legs and men's jeans just don't come in a small enough inside leg measurement. Because women's jeans do come in a size that is suitable I thought I would give them a go. So having worked out a suitable women's size a bought a pair and hey presto they fitted like a dream and I have been doing so ever since although I must admit that I wouldn't go too far in terms of femme looking jeans though.

I used to think that people would notice that the zip flap is the wrong way round (right over left as opposed to left over right for men's clothes) and ask awkward questions. To that end I used to ensure that the zip was always covered but several years ago I gave up covering it and thought that if someone asked I wouldn't be too worried. Amazingly no one has ever asked, although I suspect quite a few people have noticed but not thought enough of it to ask - phew. But it just shows how times have changed and people have become much more tolerant of things out of the ordinary.

Does anyone else wear women's jeans and if you do what are your experiences?
Skirts, man's best friends :-)
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wearing women's jeans

Post by Charlie »

I've a pair of green corduroy women's trousers (you try finding green trousers for men). The zip flap is right over left but I don't think anyone has noticed - if they have, they haven't said anything. I've seen many women in jeans that have the zip the men's way, and they don't seem to care, so why should I?
I'm looking a some proper lightweight trousers for work this summer. The so-called lightweight ones I bought last year are like canvas and were quite hot. My wife has suggested womens trousers - they always seem to be lighter than mens. Are mens trousers designed by man-hating women?
Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
whitesocks

Post by whitesocks »

I agree with you Charlie about men's trousers. Awful fit and always uncomfortable. Women's trousers, and I do have quite a few pairs, always fit extremelly well and look fantastic.
Dave Rosenthal

Post by Dave Rosenthal »

Been wearing them for years (size 16 as this is close to my 36/32 size in men's pants). I liked the bell-bottom (wide flair) style from the 1970's, and was disappointed that this style did not come back for men. I stick with the relatively plain 5 pocket styles, and most of these are very close to men's jeans. (The material tends to be a bit lighter, and they don't last as long.) No one seems to notice the difference.
----
ps: I recently joined the Skirt Cafe, but have been a reader and contributor to Tom's Cafe years ago. I'm an avid fan of sarongs and wear them whenever and wherever the occasion permits. (I'll add a bit of personal introduction when I have a bit more time.)
whitesocks

Post by whitesocks »

Hi Dave, I do find the kick flare fashion and boot leg most comfortable. Sizes tend to vary enormously and I find that anything from size 12 to 16 will fit me even though my waist is 32 - 34 inches. It seems to depend less upon the style and materials but more on the manufacturer.
miniskirt07

Post by miniskirt07 »

I do wear women jean cos of size - i cannot wear men trousers cos it too big for me, my size is 26" to 26.6", jeans size between 8-10 that prefect size for me as i used it for my work and at home i wear tights and mini skirt that my usual.
i dont have men trousers, some women trousers like jeans, velour and cord that really nice and prefect size -- Im suffered from weight loss since 2000 still cannot gain weight.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I think I can categorically state that if I was to don women's trousers they absolutely positively would NOT be jeans. However, a pair of those loose flowing ones that look like skirts when standing still... Those I'd be willing to give a try to -- in anything but denim. I believe they're called the "palazzo" style.

As far as weight goes, due to the stress at work I've managed to chuck about 10% of my body weight in the past six months, and I'm not particularly happy about it. I was thin before, but I'm getting to look cadaverous now...
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

There's a commercial on TV for Full Tilt Poker.Net with a female poker star named Isabel Mercier and about 200 Ninjas in full Samurai sword fighting regalia, half in red outfits and half in black ones and a slight breeze has their "Hakama pants/skirts" blowing in it. I think the men in black are wearing Hakama pants and the ones in red are wearing Hakama skirts. Might look for it. I recorded it to a disc but don't know how to transfer it to my computer to put in here? Any suggestions, Carl? The part I recorded is about 1 minute or less long. It's always a part of NBC's Poker After Dark program that comes on at 2:05 AM EST.
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Skip,

I'm having a similar problem but here is an answer from a friend of
mine......."If you go to Windows/Accessories in the Start Menu, you
should have a tool called Windows Movie Maker . Try that. "

Uncle Al
Duncanville, TX
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

Well, sorry to pounce on this thread! But i never thought of women's jeans when i wore them, but always had the "bellbottoms". The Levi 520 model (wore them out!) and i think the model now is 525. The Skirtcafe has got me out of them. My legs are short too, but shops always were ready to shorten them for no charge. Skirts of course get over all that. Jack.
whitesocks

Post by whitesocks »

Hi Jack, that is the advantage of womwn's jeans in that they don't need to be taken up they come in the right leg size to start with. As for different fits for women as opposed to men, I really don't think so. I have worn many different types of women's trousers and all, without exception, fit really well.
Inertia
Distinguished Member

Post by Inertia »

Ah, this is just what I've always maintained: women's jeans and trousers are actually designed for the male figure, which is one reason why I never wear them -- I can never get them to fit. They're made for some male fashion-designer's ideal female figure, ie. that of a 15-year-old boy with the appropriate masculine waist-hip ratio. Sigh.

For either sex, skirts rule!

Cheers,

Jill
whitesocks

Post by whitesocks »

Hi Jill, that's an intersting point you make. I wonder just how true it is as I do find that men's jeans just don't seem to fit me at all well. I obviously haven't go tthe masculine hip-waist ratio, but then at my age I'm not really suprised as middle age spread has taken over :-)
Inertia
Distinguished Member

Post by Inertia »

Hey, I never said men's jeans were made to fit men! :-D I've really no personal experience with that half of the equation.

Cheers,

Jill
whitesocks

Post by whitesocks »

Hi Jill, yes I can see what you mean :-) But are men's and women's jeans designed/cut differently. I think they are but not everyone is a 'female' or 'male' standard shape.