Introduction and greetings from Ohio, USA

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
flamencofreak

Introduction and greetings from Ohio, USA

Post by flamencofreak »

Good morning all. I just stumbled into this sight as I had been looking up info on how the fashion trend (men in skirts) has been progressing, as I am interested in this becoming "normal" male atire. I like the look, and I would like to wear freely myself.

I recently bought at a Goodwill Store, a womans Jeans style denim skirt (off white) that comes to just above my knees. I really wanted to try a skirt, and since it has been hot here lately, and I was working at a home (I'm self employed) alone while the people were out of town, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to wear a skirt and be comfortable while I worked. I loved it! It felt so good to have the air circulation all the way up my legs, and certainly was cooler than the shorts I had been weraring on previous days. I'm definitely hooked.

So, I had to find out if this trend was making any progress, and thus, a Google search, which lead me here. I am glad to say that it appears that there is progress being made, though slow. I'ts really going to be up to us, I think, by just doing it. The fashion industry will follow, and so will the department stores. Can you see among the racks of clothing in the men's departments, racks of men's skirts and dresses? What an exciting thought!

I'm 65, semi-retired, and my hobbies are flamenco and classical guitar, art and photography, and I am getting into Web designing as a career for my retirement years, which I hope will bring some additional income, while allowing me to work from home.
Mipi
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Introduction and greetings from Ohio, USA

Post by Mipi »

Welcome a board. (Oh dear another skirt-o-holic!). Trying skirts is very dangerous, once you try it, you can't leave it behind.

Regards!

Mipi
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

Hi, and welcome from the other side of the planet. Yep, Mipi is right rather like tobacco and other drugs,if you are susceptible, you're a goner. I know I am, with skirts now outnumbering trousers in my cupboards. Enjoy the addiction, it's far less harmful than heroin :P :welcome: :welcome:
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
Kris
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kris »

Sarongman wrote:Hi, and welcome from the other side of the planet. Yep, Mipi is right rather like tobacco and other drugs,if you are susceptible, you're a goner. I know I am, with skirts now outnumbering trousers in my cupboards. Enjoy the addiction, it's far less harmful than heroin :P :welcome: :welcome:
Oxygen is the most addictive drug known.

From your first breath, you're hooked for life.

And the withdrawal effects are fatal!

:)

Kris
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

WELCOME!! 8)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
tooslowprius
Distinguished Member

Post by tooslowprius »

Well, I would like to say hello to you. I am from ohio my self. It's nice to see some new folks from ohio here.
flamencofreak

Post by flamencofreak »

Thanks all for your kind welcome. I will check in from time to time. Looking forward to reading your posts.
skirtingtherealissue

Post by skirtingtherealissue »

Welcome to the cafe :D
Ash

Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. - Dr Martin Luther King Jnr.