New

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
john62
Member Extraordinaire

New

Post by john62 »

Hi All,
Most people call me John, from Downunder. Found this site a couple of weeks ago. Having been wearing skirts for a longtime mainly privately and occassionally in public. I fear that Australian culture is highly conservative worse than Europe and perhaps even the US, therefore ideas like male freedom take alongtime to catch on if ever!
A question, of the kilt makers listed on this site, who produces a reasonable garment at a reasonable price?

John
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New

Post by Sarongman »

G'day John, mate and :welcome: Where the hell are ya? If you are skirting openly in Sydney, then, maybe the atmosphere is non conducive to skirting, however I have been in Nambour Qld. and Murwillumbah N.S.W. with absolutely NO adverse looks or comments. In Armidale, where I currently live, I get the occasional double take but, again, nothing to worry about. This makes about four of us Aussies on the board now :hooray: :hooray: :kiltdance:
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Hi Sarongman,
In Melbourne, does that say enough!

John
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Just a thought; With Australia being very South and very sunny and that, isn't it a sarong friendly place at least? I would have thought a sarong would be ideal in most of the climates of Oz.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

B&B, not being an Australian but, having visited that continent several times over the years, I can tell you with surety that South Australia is definitely not warm most of the year. Remember South Australia is where the Great White Sharks roam, and where the water temp. is low and cold. Australia is on the south side of the Equator and the further south you go, the colder it gets as you are getting closer to Antarctica. The famous "Great Barrier Reef" is on the North side of Australia and is a tropical and sub tropical environment. This is all just the opposite of the United States or Europe which is on the north side of the Equator.

Australia would be definitely sarong friendly on the North or top end of the continent but not the South end where the most populous cities are.:thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :buttkick: :ciao: :faint: :shadow: :sorry: :welcome:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Dear Mr. Since,
Yes I do know how the equator works and where Australia spends its days! However, relatives of mine from Jindalee near Brisbane (1/2 way up the Eastern side?) said our UK summer temperatures were similar to their winter temperatures and they had never seen snow until they visited the U of K.
So I would have thought a large part of Oz, for a large part of the year, would be very amenable to saronging.
I wonder if the south Oz coast gets as cold, damp and miserable as the UK, that is something I had never really thought about till you mentioned the coolness.
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Big and Bashful,
The temp. in Melbourne has not risen above 15 for the last week or so, at night it drops down to somewhere between 5 and 10, and the next 4 days will be showers on and off.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

John62,
It's about the same here just now, the difference being that this is midsummer here, and 15 degrees there in midwinter sounds ok to me! What's it like there in mid to late summer?
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

B&B, the summers in the southern parts of Australia can really parboil in mid to late summer, if a high pressure system sits over the middle of the continent. Brisbane may have a balmy summer day with a constant wind off the Coral Sea, but that wind is going to the centre, heating up off the land, before swinging south to bake Melbourne ans Adelaide. Adelaide actually experienced a record of the hottest continual period of above 100 farenheit ( over 2 straight weeks). In Armidale, the climate can be quite cold with the occasional snowfall but, as we have a dry winter, they are fewer than might be expected. Frosts, however can be a killer. We Aussies have a different (lower) cold tolerance to English, Scots, Irish and, especially Europeans and Americans. Clothiers do not cater to the few of us that live on the Great Divide and so I buy my cold weather gear from America!
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Cool man!
I didn't think there was such a thing as snow or frost there ever.

I live, I learn...

Cheers!
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Hi Big and Bashful,
In Summer melbounre can get between 40 to 45 degrees, this last summer we had a few of these, about 40 km from melbounre you can get small snow falls, that last a short while, none this winter yet.

John