[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
skirtcafe.org • View topic - Tutu?

Tutu?

For those do-it-yourselfers...

Tutu?

Postby sapphire » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:07 pm

Looking for advice here.

I want to make a combo jeans skirt and tutu: Denim yoke and laye rs of hot pink tulle.

I'm going to cut the legs off the jeans and then attach the tulle. WHat is the best was to do this? should I attach all layers of the tulle to the denim or do one layer at a time? Should I attach the tulle to an underlining. If so, should I do it one layer at a time or all layers at once?

SHould I attach the layers to the waistband?

Thanks
Moderation is for monks. To enjoy life, take big bites.
-------Lazarus Long
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Tutu?

Postby AMM » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:39 pm

AMM
Member Extraordinaire

Postby sapphire » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:12 pm

I'm looking to create a very short mini denim skirt with the tulle extending to knee length, sort of like a petticoat but with more of the "petticoat" showing. I'm NOT looking to create a powder puff tutu
Moderation is for monks. To enjoy life, take big bites.
-------Lazarus Long
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Postby AMM » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:42 pm

AMM
Member Extraordinaire

Postby juliamat » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:56 am

Balanchine/Karinska Tutu: also known as the "powder puff" is a very short skirt with no hoops, and fewer layers of netting than the pancake or classical styles.
juliamat

Postby Since1982 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:24 am

I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Postby Jack Williams » Sat May 15, 2010 1:28 pm

Well, I think a traditional tutu whizzing straight out from the waist when pirouetting would look really good worn naked if one had the physique! Male or female.
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Uncle Al » Sat May 15, 2010 5:28 pm

OK-this is not on topic :wink:

My grandson used to tell me .........
"There's a Tu-Tu-Twain PawPaw!"

I know, it's a groaner - but hey, out of the mouths of babe's.
(I couldn't resist - :wink: )

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-2020(and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Uncle Al

Return to Sewing