Jeans skirt picture

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Wiha

Jeans skirt picture

Post by Wiha »

Hello,

How do I look like in this picture (see attachment)? Me in my favourite jeans skirt.

Regards,

Wim
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

At first glance it looks like a guy in denim shorts. Unless someone is particularly alert, or "skirt-aware", it wouldn't register with them that you had a skirt on. Because you look like a regular guy and are wearing it with masculine accompaniments, you look extremely.....normal. That's the look I tend to go for.

Stu
MtnBiker
Distinguished Member

Post by MtnBiker »

Looks great! So good that it's hard to imagine it not being 100% 'acceptable'. I bet folks don't even notice that you are wearing a skirt.
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

I reckon this is the way forward for blokes. Whether you're a 'denim' fan or nay, this kind of 'neutral look' is still making a strong 'masculine' statement. Tried something similar in Austria last year. The odd 'second glance', but probably more along the lines of, "Those shorts look more like a skirt!" Next, the Netherlands, I think..............!
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

100% normal!
The only thing man cannot endure is meaninglessness.
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

iain wrote:100% normal!
Agreed. You look good :thumbsup:

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Overtahill

Post by Overtahill »

I like it.

You look "normal", not like some goof-ball excentric who probably doesn't have any friends that he doesn't have to inflate.

Only one suggestion: you look like you could use a bit of sun. How about getting a mild tan?

Keep up the good work,

Cheers,
Rick
The worm that destroys you is the temptation to agree with your critics in order to get their approval.
Frostybeard

Looks good

Post by Frostybeard »

Looks good. I would perhaps wear some darker shoes or Merell type sandals, but that is my personal opinion.

I have tried that kind of skirt before, and I have found that they sometimes tend to restrict the stride a little.

R U in the Netherlands?

William
Gary Gnu was wrong. Some Gnus ARE good Gnus.
skirttron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirttron »

You look great. I want one too but I will have to notch up to skirt vs kilt acceptablity to get it.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Belt

Post by Since1982 »

Very nice belt there. Oh, the skirt, looks like denim shorts to me, and probably everyone else at first glance. As slender as you are, I doubt you'll have any stride problems with that at that length, unless of course you're climbing a mountain. Maybe then you would have much longer steps than normal. Now if it was that straight and mid calf you might have striding problems like "Over" said. I have a couple of jeans skirts that length and also knee length and I have no problems walking in them at all. Just have to be careful when sitting to keep your knees together or crossed. Knees together can be attained by just tucking excess material under you when you sit. Works for me. :) :cool: :whiteflag
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Brad

Post by Brad »

It's a great look. I love denim skirts myself- they are masculine and sometimes invisible. (people expect to see shorts.)

Question- are you wearing pantyhose in the picture?
matman

Post by matman »

Great look. Nice legs, too! Here in the states the bright-white sneakers seem to draw attention. Maybe becoming obsessed with always having the right shoes is why Amelda Marcos had so many!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Drawing attention

Post by Since1982 »

I LIKE drawing attention. I for one don't want to leave this mortal coil without anyone ever having known I was here. Other than a few royals, how many Englishmen do you remember from the 1800's? Or Scots or Americans for that matter. About the ONLY American well known from the 1700's that WASN'T a President was Old Ben Franklin. He's the subject of one of my favorite jokes. I ask fellow americans "Which Presidents face is on the $100 dollar bill?" And they all say "Ben Franklin" and I say, WRONG....after they argue a while I remind them that he was never president. So the correct answer is "None"! LOL :) Of course there is one other American we all remember, Tom Manuel. May he watch over us forever. :)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Wiha

Post by Wiha »

Thanks for all the positive messages. To answer some of the questions, no I am not wearing pantyhose. I like to do so, but it was about 30 degrees celsius when I took the picture, so that's hot. I was thinking of other shoes too, but the other sneakers I had where to big in my opinion and also a lot of white.

Wim
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

Wiha wrote:Thanks for all the positive messages. To answer some of the questions, no I am not wearing pantyhose. I like to do so, but it was about 30 degrees celsius when I took the picture, so that's hot. I was thinking of other shoes too, but the other sneakers I had where to big in my opinion and also a lot of white.

Wim
I also wear hose sometimes and yes, I don't wear hose when it's hot. It looks nice but sometimes it gets uncomfortable.

--Rick

P.S. I'm wearing suntan hose in my avatar pic...