It's Time

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

It's Time

Post by Uncle Al »

What time is it :?:
A different clock JPG 2024-05-15.jpg
Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Re: It's Time

Post by Mouse »

Given that we have clocks with Roman numerals and some with no numbers at all, I can't see anybody having a problem with telling the time.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Some of our younger generations can only tell the time if it presented in digital format. They did not learn to tell time using a watch or clock in the analog style. I really feel sorry for them!!
clock2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

On a speeding train two strangers got into conversation and one boasted that he could count the number of cows in a field as the train went by, so the other guy remembered that they would shortly pass a field owned by a close friend of his and he knew how many cows he had, so he decided to test the boaster.
The field hove briefly into view and was very quickly lost behind, so the question came: How many cows?, to which the boaster reeled off the exactly correct amount, 439. The questioner was impressed and asked how the boaster managed that.?

Keep it simple, he said. You just count the legs and divide by four!.

At least anyone looking at that clock has plenty of time to figure it out.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Ah, but the above only works if one lives in a world where the day is 12 hours long. Most of, I suspect, live in one where there are 24.

Yes, I use a 24-hour clock. At least in my case a stopped watch is only wrong once per day!

As far as the kiddies and digital time go... They can just learn about the world about them -- like they should have been all along instead of playing video games and fiddling with their cell' 'phones.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

I set many systems up for my clients and often there is a setting for how the time is displayed. I always set this to the 24hr setting since in my book, a digital clock should always show 24 hours.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...