Hiking Skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Hiking Skirt

Post by jamodu »

Here's an article I discovered on wearing 'hiking' skirts for men...

https://www.adventurealan.com/why-would ... ing-skirt/
eightofnine

Re: Hiking Skirt

Post by eightofnine »

I have one of them purple rain adventure skirts .They are nice skirts very comfy .
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

We have several of the Purple Rain skirts. It is a one woman show and we love supporting her. She has a great product and is a super nice lady.
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

Wish I had known about hiking skirts/kilts in the early 2000 when I was hiking in the Cederburg mountains, in December, in early 40deg C +. I would have been much more comfortable.
FestivalGuy

Post by FestivalGuy »

I have a Mountain Hardware Hiking Kilt that is pretty awesome but a bit long for my liking. a few months ago I bought an REI hiking skirt from the Ladies side of the aisle. It both looks nice and is a perfect fit.
trdrl92

Post by trdrl92 »

Looks like I now have a reason to try this “hiking” thing everyone has been talking about lately. I can finally tell my shorts to take a hike. Ohhhh, now I get it!!!
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

I too find the purple rain kilt skirt especially great in the summer. It is so light, yet not see through. Now, supposedly they do take custom sizes, which I am tempted to try with the black. Currently I have both a kilt and a skirt. BTW, the kilt is really only different from the skirt because of the panel across the front, but the skirt version is a bit lighter.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

Hiking was the first use of a skirt for me. The comfort, the ventilation and freedom of movement were the reasons I expanded the use to the house and later to the whole wide world. My avatar is from the hiking period.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

lazerr wrote:I too find the purple rain kilt skirt especially great in the summer. It is so light, yet not see through. Now, supposedly they do take custom sizes, which I am tempted to try with the black. Currently I have both a kilt and a skirt. BTW, the kilt is really only different from the skirt because of the panel across the front, but the skirt version is a bit lighter.
I prefer the skirt version.
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

I'm rather delighted to have found this hiking skirt by The North Face -- £7 plus postage on eBay. It has useful pockets, and is so light that it feels like wearing nothing at all. Best of all, my wife approves. She says the A-line shape looks better on me than pencil skirts, and that it is a good length; also, it will be easier to pack than a kilt when going on holiday. I've added the belt to make it look a bit more kilt-like.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Looks good, Geron! :D
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I'm glad to see others interested in hiking skirts. I am out in the wilderness in the mountains or the desert almost once a week. I like wildlife photography and bring a "walking around" camera, which is a Nikon Coolpix P900 with a 24-2000mm zoom lens. I have trail cams that have motion sensor shutter releases. One is set on still and the other one is set for video. I place bait (dry dog food and a small can of cat food) about 30 feet in front of the cameras. There is a learning curve of placement, shade, direction. Point the cameras toward north so no direct sunlight shines into the lens.

I always wear skirts when hiking and will sometimes roll them up to catch the breeze. Dry underwear is a luxury when hiking.

I brought home and replaced the memory cards and bait. I reviewed the SD cards and was lucky enough to get pictures of a full grown mountain lion. The cat was about 30 feet away and then must have heard or seen something, turned, and went in to stalk mode in the opposite direction. You'll know what that is if you have ever watched a cat sneak up on a bird.

I got a close up of a bobcat but too close as it was too big to fit in to the frame, but very clear. I also got photos of several deer and some rabbits.

I leave my cameras set up for a week and then return to them and either re set or move to a different location.

It's my kind of fun and sort of like fishing. You don't always catch "the big one", but when you do, it's exciting, to me at least.

It's a good reason for wearing a skirt, as though I needed another reason. I spend the day in my own paradise, have lunch, and look for things to take pictures of. I saw four hawks flying in circles and making their hawk sounds. Wonderful.
FestivalGuy

Post by FestivalGuy »

That is a good looking hiking skirt. I really like the looks of it.
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

It was second-hand and, alas, is no longer a current product, so far as I can find.
Jetblasted

Post by Jetblasted »

Right now, I’m wearing a Purple Rain Kilt.
I Love it. Comfortable as a light skit, yet
the convenience of the concealing flap.
I can’t wait to get another one.
Two Thumbs Up!!