Shaving legs?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.

Re: Shaving legs?

Postby Uncle Al » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:43 am

I don't shave, especially taking blood thinners for DVT(Blood clots).
I use a product called Veet. Image It's a cream based depilatory that leaves the skin
quite smooth. The cream also inhibits new growth. I use the cream, with Aloe, about 3-4 times a year. Works
great just smells a bit when using it. When finished, wash off the cream & hair, sending it down the drain :D
I prefer the 'gel' instead of the 'cream' but I haven't been able to find the 'gel' is several years. :(
Total time for each use is about 20-30 minutes but well worth the time spent :D

The feel of a light weight skirt, over silky smooth legs, is quite sensually exhilarating :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-2020(and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Uncle Al

Postby Sinned » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:37 pm

I don't shave my legs but do other bits and I've used an electric shaver, wet shaver and Veet. All work to a greater or lesser extent. I don't do my legs even when I wear holdups/tights because I wouldn't shave if I wore shorts so why should I for a skirt?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Postby FestivalGuy » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:05 pm

Ive been shaving for the last two months or so. started off with just a single knee so that it could be taped with KT tape. I kinda liked the feel so on a whim, I trimmed the leg hair short and then shaved. Now its about 2 or 3x weekly I shave them. Love the feel and look. Ive been out in the sun so I have a pretty good tan and get compliments.

I use a Harry's razor that I change weekly. I also use Creamo shave cream that I have used for the last few years on my face. That stuff is pretty awesome.
FestivalGuy

Postby beachlion » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:58 am

Recently I noticed that opening the fridge or the freezer is a whole new experience with shaved legs. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire

Postby denimini » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:00 am

beachlion wrote:Recently I noticed that opening the fridge or the freezer is a whole new experience with shaved legs. ;)

My mother used to say "Don't just stand there with the door open" :)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Postby pelmut » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:33 am

Uncle Al wrote:I use a product called Veet.

Reviewed here

[Warning: Finish your mouthful of coffee before you read this!]
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Postby beachlion » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:41 pm

pelmut wrote:
Uncle Al wrote:I use a product called Veet.

Reviewed here

It looks like the script of a horror movie.
I have used Veet on sensitive spots and it gives a slight warming/burning feeling. The stink from it is of more concern to me. And in the end you are very smooth. However it never was of such magnitude that I felt the urge to write a novel of Pulitzer Price quality about the effects.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire

Postby beachlion » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:05 pm

denimini wrote:
beachlion wrote:Recently I noticed that opening the fridge or the freezer is a whole new experience with shaved legs. ;)

My mother used to say "Don't just stand there with the door open" :)

That is what my mother said too, so it must be true. ;)

I meant I never noticed the stream of cold air escaping from above mentioned appliances. We have a freezer part in the lower halve of the cabinet. When squatting in the door opening to reach inside I have to do it quickly to avoid frost bite. ;)
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire

Postby crfriend » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:18 pm

pelmut wrote:[Warning: Finish your mouthful of coffee before you read this!]

Thank you very much for that warning. I almost choked I was laughing so hard -- and to make matters worse needed to keep it quiet so as to not wake my house-mates.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
crfriend
Master Barista

Postby Ray » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:52 am

I’ve read these reviews. They are magnificently funny! I am usually in tears of laughter when I read them.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Postby jamodu » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:30 am

Although I use a Phillips’ Bodygroom battery shaver, I get far superior results in using a Gillette Fusion wet shaver combined with Nivea for Men body shaving gel.

Unlike electric shaving, the result is super smooth legs - stubble doesn’t appear again as quickly - and a better sensation when wearing Skirts.
jamodu

Postby saltwood » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:22 pm

You could try using an epilator. They do take some getting used to but if you like the feel of smooth legs, want minimum maintenance (once or twice a week) and don't like stubble they are hard to beat. For the first time I'd use hair clippers (#1) to get the hairs short and then take the rest away with the epilator. After using for a few weeks there is no hair pulling pain at all and all the regrowth is pretty fine (similar to if you use a cream). Personally I think the best is the Braun Silk Epil 9 with Philips Satinelle a reasonably close second.
saltwood

Postby shadowfax » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:30 pm

saltwood wrote:You could try using an epilator. They do take some getting used to but if you like the feel of smooth legs, want minimum maintenance (once or twice a week) and don't like stubble they are hard to beat. For the first time I'd use hair clippers (#1) to get the hairs short and then take the rest away with the epilator. After using for a few weeks there is no hair pulling pain at all and all the regrowth is pretty fine (similar to if you use a cream). Personally I think the best is the Braun Silk Epil 9 with Philips Satinelle a reasonably close second.

I use an epilator too. I have a Braun Silk Epil 5. It's mains-powered. No need to worry about remembering to charge an internal rechargeable battery. :wink: :)
Though I need to watch out that I don't get tangled up in the cable. The transformer is in the mains plug so there is only a low voltage (12 volts) coming down the cable to the epilator.
Rather than use a hair trimmer then the epilator for the first time, one could get one's legs waxed then use the epilator for the first time when the hairs regrow.
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Postby saltwood » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:09 am

Waxing would work very well too, I agree. I just had some good barbers clippers to hand so seemed like the obvious choice.
saltwood

Postby KenCT » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:51 am

Uncle Al wrote:
I use a product called Veet.

Reviewed here

Hilarious!

On topic, I never shaved over the decades that I wore shorts (Bermuda, or shorter hiking and jogging styles), so I don't for skirts. Not that hairy to start with, and my legs are either bare or in knee socks, nothing sheer.
KenCT

PreviousNext

Return to Skirts and Kilts for Men