Another reason I hate Tennessee

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.

Re: Another reason I hate Tennessee

Postby moonshadow » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:49 pm

greenboots wrote:As I noted before, members of SC are generally articulate and well-able to reason and many of us openly acknowledge our religious beliefs. Hence there seems no excuse for constantly bashing people of faith, or implying that all "devout" people must of necessity be bigotted religious zealots.

I respect your thoughts on the matter, but as a European I feel you really can't fully grasp the level of theocracy we have here (in the U.S.), especially in the southern states.

I fully expect many localities to enact laws to criminalize crossdressing once more and our evangelical court system will uphold every bit of it, and it will be to pacify the national religion. And I know that most members here don't consider themselves "crossdressers", make no mistake, legally, we are.

Enjoy it now... it won't mast much longer. Skirtcafe, will likely have to be hosted on foreign servers as.... I don't know if anyone else has noticed but the "free internet" is getting smaller and smaller. It won't be long we'll have Asian style censorship protocols in place. It's already a thought crime to proclaim...... (not going there.....)
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Postby mishawakaskirt » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:42 pm

moonshadow wrote:
greenboots wrote:As I noted before, members of SC are generally articulate and well-able to reason and many of us openly acknowledge our religious beliefs. Hence there seems no excuse for constantly bashing people of faith, or implying that all "devout" people must of necessity be bigotted religious zealots.

I respect your thoughts on the matter, but as a European I feel you really can't fully grasp the level of theocracy we have here (in the U.S.), especially in the southern states.

I fully expect many localities to enact laws to criminalize crossdressing once more and our evangelical court system will uphold every bit of it, and it will be to pacify the national religion. And I know that most members here don't consider themselves "crossdressers", make no mistake, legally, we are.

Enjoy it now... it won't mast much longer. Skirtcafe, will likely have to be hosted on foreign servers as.... I don't know if anyone else has noticed but the "free internet" is getting smaller and smaller. It won't be long we'll have Asian style censorship protocols in place. It's already a thought crime to proclaim...... (not going there.....)

I know I don't live in the southern states, but i don't think we will ever start enforcing anti cross dressing laws. There has been way too much other stuff ok Ed. With all of the PC mindlessness. One call to the ACLU and it would probably be reversed.

I don't remember where I heard this or read it. A crossdresser carried white tube socks in his car for the cross dressing laws in his area. The claim was if pulled over by the cops. He would slip on the socks. The municipality laws, stated that if you had at least one piece of male clothing on, they couldn't arrest you for cross dressing.

Being obnoxious, or taking pictures of kids or women, etc might get you locked up.
Police general have bigger issue with the public than a man in a dress or skirt.

I feel like I am more likely to get locked up for being a Christian than for wearing skirts.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Postby moonshadow » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:20 pm

mishawakaskirt wrote:I know I don't live in the southern states, but i don't think we will ever start enforcing anti cross dressing laws. There has been way too much other stuff ok Ed. With all of the PC mindlessness. One call to the ACLU and it would probably be reversed.

I hope you're right, you probably are. But that doesn't mean we should lay our guard down.
mishawakaskirt wrote:or taking pictures of kids or women, etc might get you locked up.

As long as you're not upskirting or photographing people from private property it's perfectly legal to take pictures of other people....

... all that said it's probably not worth getting your camera smashed.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Daryl » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:30 pm

skirtyscot wrote:Geez, Daryl, how much time did you waste typing that?

All of it, obviously.
Daryl...
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Daryl » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:39 pm

moonshadow wrote:

A dark apocalyptic mood that is.

Canada survived the attempted American invasion of 1812 and will still be here when you need to escape that future dystopian America!
Daryl...
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Previous

Return to In the News / Advocacy