how short can you go in skirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: how short can you go in skirts

Post by new2skirts »

19 inch is as short as I'll go! But we all have our choice of what we're comfortable with :)
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

ManInBlckMini.jpg
This year I'm going to get a 'real' mini (between 10.5" and 17" long, or 12 to 13" long as a starting point) and a 'real' micro mini (somewhere on the high end, 10.5" to 12" maybe). So far all I've seen online are mini skorts, so I might go that route if all else fails and perhaps eventually cut out the shorts part.

So far, the above is about as short as I've dared to go out skirting. Grocery, couple of other stops and then a Cobb salad at Chik-Fil-A.

"Dared" may not be the right word, it's just not having anything shorter. This year I'll either alter an old skirt, or make my own.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

It is all in the HEM LENGTH and that unbifurcated opening - be it "A" line or pencil or something else.
Spread the legs and open the gates to hell what was told to the catholic girls.

Skorts of course eliminate this exposure because of the shorts panel inside.
So use caution in the surgery of this critical concealment panel.

A mini-skirt with less than 12 inches hem length is nothing more than a cumber bum/sash if worn at the navel waist.
Now worn off the hips changes the view point (somewhat) - still gotta keep those legs in close parallel space !

Amusement park rides will offer amusement - take care there ! But the thrill of the ride !

I love skirting around in a circle skirt close akin to the skaters skirt just a bit more modest hem length.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I was invited to my neighbor next for a barbecue . The skirtis 17 inches it's about as short as I will go without tights
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

oldsalt1 wrote:I was invited to my neighbor next for a barbecue . The skirtis 17 inches it's about as short as I will go without tights
How did that go? Guessing they are used to you in skirts? My neighbors see me skirted more often than otherwise dressed, but I am still reluctant to wear skirts to social occasions, mostly for the sake of my wife. I appreciate her acceptance and try not to put her in discomfort among friends and neighbors. Beyond that, I’m pretty much “out” with my choices.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

17" is about my go to length for shopping in general. I have my skirts a little lower on the hips so I don't show that much skin. Tomorrow I go to the beach at Sandy Hook, NJ, and my denim skirt will be about 13.5". Worn low on the hip it will be showing as much skin as in your picture. It is also the shortest I will go in public. At least for the moment. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

It was my neighbor and a couple of their friends. In the past year I have been over to his house 2 or three times and him and his wife have been to mine a couple . I don't think I have ever had pants on. So there is no problem. I was over his house for Sunday dinner a couple of months ago . This was my outfit then a little shorter skirt but with tights
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Good show! Just curious...what kind of barbecue do you all cook on Long Island?
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

No chefs here we had ribs but they came pre seasoned from Costco and burgers and franks . Just a normal afternoon type get together. The most exotic thing was I found a case of Rolling Rock which is A brand of beer that I haven't seen around since the 80's
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

oldsalt1 wrote:No chefs here we had ribs but they came pre seasoned from Costco and burgers and franks . Just a normal afternoon type get together. The most exotic thing was I found a case of Rolling Rock which is A brand of beer that I haven't seen around since the 80's
I used to drink Rolling Rock, during my "beer years." I am prone to cocktails now, especially Old Fashioneds, as a fan of southern bourbons, but do indulge in beers at times, since there are so many micro-breweries around, especially in Wilmington. As far as commercial beer goes, I have a casual liking for Shiner Bock, a brew out of Shiner, TX, available in 12-pack cans, 6 pack bottles. (Beats the s--t out of Lone Star, LOL!)

Glad to hear you had ribs, which, I am guessing, were beef short ribs. Those are delicious! My wife is Argentinian, and introduced me to Asado, of which beef short ribs (asado de tira) are an essential component, decades ago.

But here in eastern NC, barbecue is a noun, not a verb. The verb form is "to cook a pig." Our traditional seasoning here is a sauce of apple cider vinegar and red pepper - occasionally adulterated with tomato paste and known as Lexington (NC, not SC or VA) style - but we use little if any tomato product in eastern NC barbecue sauce. The main thing, qualitatively, is the length of cooking and temperature. I cook (half) pigs at about 325 to 350F for about eight to ten hours, beginning skin-side down and turning the half-hog once, and pasting with sauce every 30 minutes or so. Trust me, after eight hours of tending a pig on a grill, one has consumed substantial Rolling Rock or Shiner Bock, as one normally begins the process in the wee hours of the morning for an early evening meal. I also have an excellent recipe for barbecued chicken...but please note that in NC the word "barbecue" means pork; chicken must be referred to as "barbecued chicken."

Certain moderators here have accused me of excessive adoration of bourbon, but please know I also love tender, hot, succulent MEAT.

But I digress...back to beef short ribs. In Argentine style, they are seasoned only with salt and cooked over essential charcoal - not briquets, but REAL charcoal; briquets are virtually unknown in Argentina - along with vacio, molletas, morcilla, chinchulinas, and chorizo. Little from a slaughtered animal is wasted there, by tradition, and philosophy. You may not care to know what all those parts are, but they are TASTY! Naturally, a good table Malbec, preferably of Mendoza Province, is essential to the culinary experience.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

If you like travel books at all, I recommend an old one called 'In Patagonia' by the late Bruce Chatwin, an Englishman, no less. It's intriguing, even if you never plan to leave home.
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

melsav wrote:Something I found on Pinterest. Just as guide. 8)
I tend to follow the “skirt length guide” Melsav posted last year – for boys - as the shortest of skirts to wear.

Skater skirt. Tip of thumb length.

Skater skirt. Tip of thumb length.

Short tartan skirt worn with pantyhose and over knees folded down.

That said, on most days I’ll stick to a more modest, girly length, my skirts (kilts) coming down to top of knee.
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
trdrl92

Post by trdrl92 »

I guess that depends on personal preference. The longest I like is knee length, but my skirts are almost always shorter.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Knickson wrote: My shortest skirt for working in the warm weather.
Nice, but where that is acceptable, having nothing on might be more comfortable and just as acceptable.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

The post from Knickson was deleted because it violated several precepts of what's acceptable in an age-open forum and -- worse -- was in a publicly accessible area.