[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
skirtcafe.org • View topic - If it requires a uniform....

If it requires a uniform....

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.

If it requires a uniform....

Postby moonshadow » Sun May 12, 2019 3:40 pm

Was watching some George Carlin on YouTube yesterday and checked out his website. At the top of the screen there is a quote box that cycles with each reload. Well on that day it loaded the following quote attributed to Mr. Carlin:

"If it requires a uniform, it's a worthless endeavor."

It brought a smile to my face.

Though let me say, I'm not really "anti-uniform" all the way. Some uniforms are appropriate. Police departments come to mind, as does the military. And though I think most people generally do not cherish the idea of war, I can only imagine our society if not for a well disciplined military. For all our government's failings, I realize there are quite a few competing nations that would love to take us down a notch.

The uniform I wear at work doesn't bother me. I'd not wear a skirt on that job even if they let me. It's just not safe nor really practical. I have found myself a little too close to open pilot lights from time to time, and I've had my share of gas burner backfires, not to mention the occasional electrical dead short that always puts on a good display for onlookers. Such incidents would send a polyester skirt up in flames quick fast in and in a hurry!

I've even had some close calls wearing a skirt while tending a backyard fire in the pit, and one while grilling burgers.

Still yet, I'm happy to see certain retailers relax their uniform policy a bit. Sometimes I see old photographs online of fast food joints and other retail establishments from the 50's-80's, and I have to say, some of the uniforms looked ridiculous.
-Moon Shadow
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: If it requires a uniform....

Postby Fred in Skirts » Sun May 12, 2019 6:34 pm

:kiltdance:

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Postby pelmut » Sun May 12, 2019 10:34 pm

There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Ralph » Mon May 13, 2019 3:49 am

Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Postby moonshadow » Mon May 13, 2019 4:10 am

Yeah I know what you mean Ralph. Whether Carlin actually said that it not, I do not know. Even if he did, I'm sure the quote is taken out of context.

There is nothing wrong with uniforms, they certainly have their place. But it's also nice to put on something unique and special.

A "worthless endeavor". No. I agree with you there. I've been wearing a work uniform all my working days, and it has provided a roof over my head and food on the table. Hardly "worthless".
-Moon Shadow
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Postby moonshadow » Sat May 18, 2019 3:23 am

-Moon Shadow
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Return to Off Topic