[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
skirtcafe.org • View topic - Roseanne sitcom restart

Roseanne sitcom restart

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.

Re: Roseanne sitcom restart

Postby Sinned » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:09 am

The scary thing, beachlion, is that it's happening right now. The middle class here is definitely being severely pruned and from what I can gather of the news the same is happening in the U.S. :(
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Postby crfriend » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:08 am

-- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
crfriend
Master Barista

Postby Caultron » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:04 am

Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Postby moonshadow » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:15 am

-Moon Shadow
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Freedomforall » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:40 am

Moon you should start a Youtube channel. That question resonates with most everyone who lives near Nashville. Houses have gone from 150k to an average of 300k-800k. Everone wants to know, "wha do these people do for a living?" The restaurants are always full as well. We all know eating out is not cheap either. Some of these are very young people.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Postby moonshadow » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:49 am

-Moon Shadow
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Postby moonshadow » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:58 am

-Moon Shadow
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Postby crfriend » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:46 am

-- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
crfriend
Master Barista

Postby Sinned » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:52 pm

Carl/Moon, the situation is no better in this little island of ours. Top directors are paid in millions with probably bonuses in the order of up to 50%. There is a growing backlash from shareholders about this situation but since the big pension companies et al own the majority of the shares in any company the little un's like me stand little chance except to make a vociferous protest. Some of the leaders of the backlash will buy a single or a minimum number of shares so that they can attend the AGM and ask questions and protest. But there is hope and some of the large shareholders are starting to join in the protests.

As far as living expenses go I reckon that we can live on about £600/month as we have no mortgage to speak of or loan payments for our cars [0]. That includes energy, entertainment ( internot, sky satellite, TV license ), food, rates, insurances ( house building and contents and 2 cars ). In helping our children they are all on the housing ladder and settled socially which we consider a major achievement. We eat out whenever we want to although sensibly and since MOH is on a diet that has temporarily stopped. I have cut down on the carbohydrates and increased the fruit/vegetable intake. My blood glucose is under control and my blood pressure is in the 12-130/80-85 range so normal for my age. My time in IT did set us up financially as in the majority of the time I was on the £40,000+ + bonuses. I earn a fraction of that now but am happier with little stress apart from MOH. Life in general, is good.

[0] MOH has worked in the motor trade for many years and has contacts which means that we can get good cars cheaply, paying cash. Repairs are cheap and parts at cost. Consequently I don't do my own repairs any more although I could do as my father was a motor mechanic and trained me well.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Postby stevelous » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:39 pm

Round my neck of the woods house prices are just too high for any locals to get on the housing ladder, prices in excess of £350,000 for a semi detached 3 up 2 down, with very little garden and often a lack of off road parking.

We also have more than our share of £1million plus houses owned by the rich often from London (being only 20 miles down the railway). My wife's boss is trying to sell his for £10 million but has had no takers, funny that. Mind you I think the people who have viewed it have taken a dislike to the access road. Single track, twisty and dangerous.

Me, well I have to live in rented accommodation with my wife and 22 year old son, 6 cats and two old cars. Love older cars as I can understand and work on them without a mainframe computer to read what's wrong.

In all I have all I need to live but I have not got everything I want.
stevelous

Postby john62 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:00 am

Where my Clinic is in Endeavour Hills, Melbourne, this a middle class area, a three bedroom brick house in decent shape not less than $600 000. A three bedroom unit in Canterbury where Mother lives, $2 004 500, February this year.

John
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Postby moonshadow » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:45 pm

I see they killed Roseanne (fictitiously-literally) and are trying again with "The Conners"

As I see the main character will not be in the show, any word on whether the producers also chickened out on the gender bending boy? Somehow it wouldn't surprise me. :roll:
-Moon Shadow
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Postby moonshadow » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:49 pm

http://www.newnownext.com/first-look-ro ... o/09/2018/

I guess they're keeping him. That's good I suppose....

Still I can't imagine this production doing well overall with the main star gone.
-Moon Shadow
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Postby mishawakaskirt » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:45 pm

Update to the Connors the show sans Rosanne.

While it seems to be muddling through without Rosanne.

I have noticed that the free styled boy Mark has become a very minor character. This very last episode only featured him for maby 1.5 minutes and both times he was only shown from the waist up. His shirt looked like it might have came from the girls side of the asile.

So much for a regularly skirted male character. As male becoming a major character.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Grok » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Grok
Member Extraordinaire

PreviousNext

Return to In the News / Advocacy