Biker in a kilt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Bikerkilt
Member Extraordinaire

Biker in a kilt

Post by Bikerkilt »

I have been wearing skirts for about two years now around the house and it is time to expand my horizon. I ride a motorcycle and need a way to be seen by my bikers friends in a unbinding garment I ordered a Ulikilt in camo and will wear this to the bike shop as a start when it shows up. I also ordered a Skirtcraft in Khaki to wear so we will see how this social experiment works out.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Biker in a kilt

Post by dillon »

I'm thinking a kilt will work better on a ricer if you're leaned forward than on a hog laying back. Wind effect.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

That sounds like a great way to start. Just keep up your courage, stay relaxed, and enjoy.

It's probably worthwhile to prethink your answers to two popular questions: "Why are you wearing a skirt?" and "Are you Scottish?"
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Bikerkilt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bikerkilt »

dillon wrote:I'm thinking a kilt will work better on a ricer if you're leaned forward than on a hog laying back. Wind effect.
I ride a full dresser and like my feet on high highway pegs and only wear full leather wend I ride will have to save the skirts and kilts for after I get off the bike
Bikerkilt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bikerkilt »

Caultron wrote:That sounds like a great way to start. Just keep up your courage, stay relaxed, and enjoy.

It's probably worthwhile to prethink your answers to two popular questions: "Why are you wearing a skirt?" and "Are you Scottish?"
when I go into the bike shop I'm going to get razed about a kilt big time. I do have a few things going for me I do have some Scotch I my blood live for one.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Bikerkilt wrote:...I do have a few things going for me I do have some Scotch I my blood live for one.
You're one up on me, then. I just tell people I drank some once.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Bikerkilt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bikerkilt »

"cauldron" like you I do some hiking and backpacking. I'm going to Kentucky at the Red River Gorge in April with a nephew and hope to wear the camo kilt or a pair of camo pane I had converted in a hiking skirt
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I am switching back to bikes because I can't afford to keep my wee yacht, boatyard bills are just too much. I am going to miss setting sail in my own little world were I could wear whatever skirts I fancied, when I fancied with no-one to worry about.
I will miss that as skirts are not good for biking, skin is good and needs protection, more protection than a skirt provides. So the options seem to be, go somewhere then try to find somewhere to get comfortable, or just give in and stick with jeans when out and about on the bike (which I collect tomorrow, yippee!).

Next big problem, how to get my 4 man Kyham tent onto the bike for camping trips, never used the tent, I would like to give it some use, but it wasn't bought with biking in mind. Great changing room though!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Bikerkilt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bikerkilt »

when I travel on the bike I take a trailer pull behind the bike and carry a large 10 ft x 10 ft tent and cooking gear and what ever I want within reason
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Bikerkilt wrote:"cauldron" like you I do some hiking and backpacking. I'm going to Kentucky at the Red River Gorge in April with a nephew and hope to wear the camo kilt or a pair of camo pane I had converted in a hiking skirt
Have a great hike and enjoy!

caultron
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Bikerkilt wrote:"cauldron" like you I do some hiking and backpacking. I'm going to Kentucky at the Red River Gorge in April with a nephew and hope to wear the camo kilt or a pair of camo pane I had converted in a hiking skirt
Isn't that the place where you enter throgh the old railroad tunnel? I was there once. Amusing stories about that place.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

Bikerkilt wrote:I also ordered a Skirtcraft in Khaki to wear so we will see how this social experiment works out.
I wore my khaki Skirtcraft on a pedal powered bike last Sunday. It worked out well. 8)
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Biker, I have a Kaw 440 modified Cafe, and a Kaw 100 carburerted dirt bike in my garage that don't run worth a s--t. Can you work on them? LOL. :P
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Well, I now have my 1989 ZX10 Tomcat in the shed, I have ran it twice, it goes well, really goes if you let it! Although I have also had big problems getting the thing to re-start after a break, hopefully new plugs or just cleaning/setting the plugs will cure that. I forgot just how big these things were, suits my size really.
Looking at the sleet outside, it won't be getting much use for a while yet, although it may have to due to problems with my car again.

My only attempt at riding my old ZZR600 while kilted didn't go too well, not because of the kilt, more due to anatomical reactions to vibrations, no further detail to be supplied!
Right, coffee then off to tax the bike and book the car in for repair.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

Very interesting. As some on here know I'm a UK biker and I just love the freedom feeling I get in summer while wearing my skirts on my sports bike. I do worry about any slide I might have so I take it very easy. I tend to hide away in the country lanes or ride at night in a mini skirt and there's no way I could let my biker mates know. Some do know I wear a utility kilt but not on the bike. I'm looking forward to summer, it can't come soon enough.