Skirt that looks like shorts on Ebay

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirt that looks like shorts on Ebay

Post by Kilted Musician »

dillon wrote:The correct answer would have been "It WAS a woman's garment, most likely, but as soon as we complete the transaction, it will be a MAN'S garment." :lol:
Good one, Dillon! I never thought about saying that! :)

--Rick
Danny

Post by Danny »

skirted_in_SF wrote:I've looked several times but I've never been able to find skirts in my local Goodwill stores (not sure if I looked in Salvation Army). There are lots of women wearing skirts in this town, so they must all be selling their discards through consignment shops. So I have to buy my skirts new. :shock:
It's the complete opposite here. There are racks and racks and racks of skirts at my local Goodwill. Same with Salvation Army.
I go with my wife, so it's never an issue picking them out and trying them on since the 'tryout rooms' are unisex.
-Danny
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

skirted_in_SF wrote:I've looked several times but I've never been able to find skirts in my local Goodwill stores...
Have you asked?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

In my meeting with the practice nurse yesterday she asked me if it was a man's skirt and I replied that it WAS a woman's skirt but now that I'm wearing it it's a man's skirt. She laughed and appreciated the humour in that and I think that she knew the answer really before I replied. I had a similar experience once in M&S when buying some short slips. The counter woman said that she could do with buying some more and these were a very good price ( they were sale items ) and I said that they were just the right length. As I reviewed the conversation later I realised that she had assumed that they were for me. She was right of course and the conversation was so very relaxed that I didn't think much about it at the time.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

If you want a skirt that can turn to shorts in just a snap checkout "www.jdez.com/men/" they look very nice. :)
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

melsav wrote:If you want a skirt that can turn to shorts in just a snap checkout "www.jdez.com/men/" they look very nice. :)
Very expensive and the website has not changed for years (that is their 2006 collection, even Midas is more up to date).

I actually have one of their Men's Mock Cargo Sarongs and love it for light weight beach or kick around use. The Men's Cargo Mock Kilt/Short is equally nice to wear but is too light to use without a slip (translucent) and is rather prone to wind lift. Nice enough but not suitable for the UK climate very often.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

I also think its very expensive. Only came across this some this morning, so I thought it was quite a new site. I have tried to subscribe but when I do nothing happens. The light weight will be good for the highvelt summer, but as you say the wind could be a problem.
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rick401r »

I think I mentioned in another post that I sewed velcro strips inside the front and rear seams of a cargo skirt that, when joined together, gave the appearance of shorts.
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

I had a chance today to spend a few hours in the skirt. I drove in it and also went to a restaurant. It is pretty comfortable. It is a little longer than I usually like so it does cover the knees when you sit down.

I wrote the lady who made it and I am waiting for her reply. I am hoping they are working on improving the design. I hope they come up with a way to do away with the connecting piece. Or to lower it a bit.