A question of sex ID?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.

What sex is your brain?

very male
28%
partly male
28%
neither
25%
partly female
17%
very female
No votes
none of your beeswax
3%

Total votes: 36

couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A question of sex ID?

Post by couyalair »

Taj wrote: Gender is for reproducing.
Gender is for grammarians. Sex is for reproduction -- in Europe, at least.

Martin
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

The testy thing put me at 50% male. That was after I went completely blank on the 'spot the difference' part. (Maybe a few pints first didn't help, or partial brain death due to an exceptionally hard day at work yesterday. Still who cares really?
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Maybe you had guessed that a high score would count as female, so you subconsciously told yourself to do badly! But that would show a desire to conform to society's norms of maleness, which is not something anyone here is bothered about!

Strange that bieng able to think of grey things is a sign of a female brain. Pink things, I could understand, but grey?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Post by kingfish »

I scored a dead-on zero. Right in the middle.
Dragearen

Post by Dragearen »

As others have said, I don't place a lot of stock in this, but it was fun and my results were interesting. I got a perfect 0 myself. My results were generally feminine-biased, which would make sense, but I did have a few things that were very masculine, such as the angles thing (I got 19 out of 20 on that).
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mugs-n-such »

For whatever it's worth, I, too, came out at 25 on the masculine side. I took the same test about a year ago and came out smack dab in the middle. It makes me question the test's reliability and consistency. But, as someone said, it's a bit of light-hearted fun. :) Uh-oh! There's that smiley! Accoring to the test, that's a sign of femininity...oh well... :wink:
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Mine came out exactly in the middle - something I have suspected for a long tme.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I got a score of 0 but with my fingers definitely on the female side in length and one or two female indicators in the others. Could be an indication but how scientific - I don't know. I have done similar tests before which were inconclusive. I know that I have some female characteristics and have some female interests but identify as predominantly male. So I like wearing skirts - so what but I don't want to look like a woman or be a woman - too much like hard work.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
BobM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by BobM »

The wife and I both took it, with identical results: dead center and 50% on either side.
Ordained Deacon and Ruling Elder, Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

My score was 25 on the female side. I've never thought maleness was an important part of my self-identification, though I have no desire to be anything else.
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

I tried the BBC Test and could not get it work. So I tried another test from www.helloquizzy.com and the result was 31% female and 69% male. :)
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

A few surprises in here for me.
My overall score was 50 on male, which make sense because I absolutely do identify completely as male (my penchant for wearing floral, ultra-feminine dresses notwithstanding, nor my idle pastime of playing Second Life where I can dress up my avatar to my heart's content -- I can just imagine talking to my hunter/rancher friends and telling them "I designed a fabulous new skirt for my avatar Ralph in Second Life today...")

Nearly perfect scores on angles and 3D shapes, I expected that, too, because I'm extremely analytical.

But... 5 out of 20 on empathizing? The reason I don't do well at decision making or debate is that I can *always* see both sides of an issue, and find myself agreeing with whomever made the last statement.

I was also surprised at getting 8 out of 10 on the eyes. I'm totally clueless on picking up nonverbal communication. I was mostly guessing on those. Who knew? It also seems at odds with the low score on empathizing.

The words section was weird. I managed 10 or 11 words for "grey", but it said I had zero. It also says that average score for men is 11.4 (vs. women at 12.4), yet "If you produced 6 - 10 words: Most people in this range have a female-type brain. " Contradict much?

Then the faces... oy, the faces. Most of them, I couldn't even see a difference. I wish they had told me how often I picked the more feminine face vs. more masculine, since again I was just guessing. As it happens I did pick feminine faces more often, but I'm still curious.

The other part that confused me was the ultimatum. Really, it's inherently more feminine to suggest an equal split for both participants? To me that just seems like common sense, all other factors being equal.

All in all I guess it seems a bit more reliable than the ridiculously outdated S.A.G.E., but not much.
Ralph!