Council stupidity

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Council stupidity

Post by Sinned »

Over here we have council houses ( houses owned by the council and rented out supposedly, but not exclusively, to those not so well off ) and here is an example of the stupidity of the employees of one particular council.

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/expres ... -stupidity

I like the last bit about why they couldn't install a gate at the end of the ramp. Classic! Of course the easy version would be to just offer her another council house on the flat, but then that would be too simple, wouldn't it?

Some other examples are given in the article.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Council stupidity

Post by Jack Williams »

I am amazed. Even my local Auckland councill couldn't be that mad.
..or could it?
Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it, with all the "Political Correctness" insanity evident lately.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Dumb-barton council at it's pathetic best! They used to be my local council until my village got re-organised into another area. (Thank the wee man!). I must go scouting around Dumbarton to see that ramp, wonder if it's visible on Google Earth yet?
I also wonder how long it will be until metal thieves go and steal it, that would be a blessing I think!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

What I don't understand is how this got done without the householder saying she didn't like it beforehand. She had been asking for a ramp; surely it must have been obvious that the ramp would be too steep or horribly long. And you'd think that at some early stage in the process someone would have told her that it was going to take over her entire garden.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Talking about elf and safety with it. I understand that it's made of metal - which, unless they have put a non-slip coating on it, is absolutely lethal when wet or icy. :scratch:

We also had an example of such stupidity near to where I live. There was a particular junction near a green with traffic lights and a left filter lane ( we correctly drive on the left over here ). So at considerable expense they took this out to put a cycle lane in but the cycle lane ended right on the corner just at a point where cars turn so that they cut the cyclists off, with several near accidents to ( this time ) innocent cyclists. Aside from that there were millions of complaints because two traffic lanes now became one and lengthened the traffic queues and time to go through the junction. After about a year they had to reinstate, at even more expense, the filter lane.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.