A couple of pics to share

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
klaatu

A couple of pics to share

Post by klaatu »

I thought it might be fun to share these.
cord.jpeg
I was at home alone one day after having a shower and trying to decide what to wear. So many choices now that I'm out of pants and into more interesting stuff. The top is a tunic. It's made of black corduroy and has 2 pockets out front. It's too short to be worn on it's own as it barely goes beyond the hips. I've always wanted to add something to it but could never come up with any great ideas. When I found it in the closet it was hanging close to a black skirt that I like to wear. So I combined the 2 and came up with this..

tunic.jpeg
This is something I bought on a whim about 6 months ago. It looked good on the rack but when I first tried it on, I wasn't that impressed with the look of it, however, I did like the way it felt. I have worn it around the house a few times and after seeing it in this picture, I thought that it looks like something men wore in days of yore (before pants were invented. Opinions are always welcome :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikel

Re: A couple of pics to share

Post by mikel »

Too fem for me!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

No.

Tom K.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
SkirtedViking
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtedViking »

klaatu wrote:I thought it might be fun to share these.
cord.jpeg
I was at home alone one day after having a shower and trying to decide what to wear. So many choices now that I'm out of pants and into more interesting stuff. The top is a tunic. It's made of black corduroy and has 2 pockets out front. It's too short to be worn on it's own as it barely goes beyond the hips. I've always wanted to add something to it but could never come up with any great ideas. When I found it in the closet it was hanging close to a black skirt that I like to wear. So I combined the 2 and came up with this..

tunic.jpeg
This is something I bought on a whim about 6 months ago. It looked good on the rack but when I first tried it on, I wasn't that impressed with the look of it, however, I did like the way it felt. I have worn it around the house a few times and after seeing it in this picture, I thought that it looks like something men wore in days of yore (before pants were invented. Opinions are always welcome :)
Totally supportive on the first one along with the shoes.The second outfit is not my cup of tea,but you are brave enough to post it on THIS SITE so congrats about that.
There is nothing worse than double standard!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

First one, too fem for me, but OK if you are happy with it, OK. Colour and overall shape of the outfit are OK.

The second one, definitely not. It's really unflattering, besides everything else I could say!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair