A question of sex ID?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.

What sex is your brain?

very male
28%
partly male
28%
neither
25%
partly female
17%
very female
No votes
none of your beeswax
3%

Total votes: 36

Departed Member

A question of sex ID?

Post by Departed Member »

The folowing link is quite interesting. It purports to help you identify the gender of your brain.
Have added a poll to identify what your brain sex is.
Just being nosey.

Mine came out as partly female, but I did rush it a bit.

Please could you answer truthfully?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/ ... user.shtml
Milfmog

Re: A question of sex ID?

Post by Milfmog »

I got bored part way through, so I guess that just makes me impatient. Carole would probably say it proves I have a male brain :(

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Just slightly on the male side of the spectrum. (around 25 on the sliding scale with 0 being 50/50 male/female and 100 being completely male or female)

Ran out of time on the 3-D objects one as i took too long on the first figure may have brought up the male figure a bit. Ah well...
Last edited by skirtingtoday on Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I came in at about 25% female, but I also do not put too much credence in the tests as aside from the biometrics everything is very subject to the sort of day one is having, how distracted one may be, and what one's general mood is at the exact moment when the test is being taken. To get an even remotely accurate read, one would have to repeat similar tests over a period of time and in various circumstances.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Stevie D
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stevie D »

My score was 25% female too. I've taken similar tests before and consistently come out with female brain attributes.
I've always felt a certain degree of gender dysphoria, right from an early age (3 years), and about 25 years or so ago, I sought counselling about going down the transsexual route. Never quite made it though, for all sorts of reasons and to this day I will half-jokingly, half-seriously, refer to myself as a failed transsexual person.

These days I'm mostly at ease with my androgynous self, but that nagging 'what if....?' thought is nearly always going on somewhere in my mind, like a deep, tolling bell just on the edge of consciousness. I don't wear skirts so much these days either, and I often get taken for female when out and about. I don't suppose I should be here (this forum) really....
Stevie D
(Sheffield, South Yorkshire)
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

To my own surprise, I came out as being very masculine, though I would have thought I was rather mixed -- certainly not the beer-swiggin sporty aggressive macho.

But I was quite pleased to see that my results (correct answers) were well above average; I'm more interested in knowing that my brain is (still) active than knowing whether it is male or female!

Martin
owen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by owen »

Hmm ... I got a score of 0, intersexed I suppose. I scored very male on everything at first, then neutral on finger-length, and finally the fact that I could think of 6 things that are grey and 9 words that mean "happy" marked me out as totally female. Ah well, at least I have a good excuse for wearing skirts now.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

owen wrote:Hmm ... I got a score of 0, intersexed I suppose. I scored very male on everything at first, then neutral on finger-length, and finally the fact that I could think of 6 things that are grey and 9 words that mean "happy" marked me out as totally female. Ah well, at least I have a good excuse for wearing skirts now.
Owen! You are disgrace to the Cafe! Write out 100 times "Wearing a skirt is not a female attribute." :wink:

I scored 0 as well.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
pleated
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pleated »

So, who defines "masculinity" and "femininity"?
I prefer to just consider myself as "human".
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

I also scored right in the middle, 0. This might be a pattern.

John
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

With no one answering who said what, it's sort of a waste of time in my opinion, AND this is not the first poll here, ie: "how old are you?" with the N O Y B W answer a couple of years ago.
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
kidme

Post by kidme »

I got 0 too.. I have been consistently getting near the middle for such tests.
pleated
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pleated »

pleated wrote:So, who defines "masculinity" and "femininity"?
I prefer to just consider myself as "human".
I should also have pointed out that these surveys are completely unscientific. If anyone has evidence to the contrary feel free to point us toward it.
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

purecotton wrote:It purports to help you identify the gender of your brain.
It shouldn't matter if it's there, it's not a waste of time. It's just a bit of light harted fun, that's all!
I never said it was scientific, or that the result matters.
Taj
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Taj »

A lot of what we consider male or female traits come from socialization, or simply said, how we were raised. My test was hampered by the inaccurate response qualities of a phone touch screen. I scored 50% female. This really is no surprise given some of my Meyers-Briggs results. I don't equate empathy, sensitivity, or creativity with a gender. I'm just as good with electro-mechanical systems as I am with art, music, and peer counseling. Gender is for reproducing.
You don't get to judge me by your standards. I have to judge me by mine.