High School Prank

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
mr seamstress
Distinguished Member

High School Prank

Post by mr seamstress »

Students hired a person to play bagpipes in a kilt. This represent there is some openness in accepting men in skirt from new generation.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/video/illinoi ... -110243644
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Re: High School Prank

Post by Mouse »

mr seamstress wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 11:07 am Students hired a person to play bagpipes in a kilt. This represent there is some openness in accepting men in skirt from new generation.
I think the tartan kilt on a Scotsman is a known thing the world over, no explanation required. It is after all on every shortbread tin that has ever been sold. National dress and all that. Heritage, history and the whole of the Scottish PR department behind it.

The more challenging thing, is a normal skirt, on a normal guy, doing normal guy things...
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Well, playing the "pipes" would be the challenge for me.
My name is Anthony, please accept me for the person that I am.
mr seamstress
Distinguished Member

Post by mr seamstress »

Mouse wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 11:31 am
mr seamstress wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 11:07 am Students hired a person to play bagpipes in a kilt. This represent there is some openness in accepting men in skirt from new generation.
I think the tartan kilt on a Scotsman is a known thing the world over, no explanation required. It is after all on every shortbread tin that has ever been sold. National dress and all that. Heritage, history and the whole of the Scottish PR department behind it.

The more challenging thing, is a normal skirt, on a normal guy, doing normal guy things...
In my community adults enjoy watching a person playing bagpipes in kilt in public, but wouldn't hire for private event. These adult women wouldn't want their husbands be in a kilt for not one day show private or public. Women have one aptitude in watching a kilted man, will have another attitude if they would be in relationship with a man who makes his living by playing bagpipes in a kilt. The change here is women now is willing pay for man in skirt to play bagpipes. Question here is would they accept man in kilt playing bagpipes as their husband?

There is a seamstress in my community would probability enjoy watching a man in kilt playing bag pipes in public show for one day. Just don't expect her be willing to repair his kilt if it needs repair.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

mr seamstress wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:03 pm These adult women wouldn't want their husbands be in a kilt for not one day show private or public.
Based on the amount of compliments I get when wearing a kilt, I find this really hard to believe.
mr seamstress
Distinguished Member

Post by mr seamstress »

FLbreezy wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:39 pm
mr seamstress wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:03 pm These adult women wouldn't want their husbands be in a kilt for not one day show private or public.
Based on the amount of compliments I get when wearing a kilt, I find this really hard to believe.
I get complements from women from my attire I wear. That said: They still wouldn't have any relationships with man in a kilt, skirt or dress.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

mr seamstress wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:03 pm Question here is would they accept man in kilt playing bagpipes as their husband?
Here in the UK, it is not un common for a group of chaps to all dress up in kilts for a wedding, stag do, party etc. It is seen as a great laugh. Their women folk will all be making the standard Scottish jokes and no one will be the least bit troubled that their men are in skirts.

Where are you in the world? It is not apparent from your profile. Is it a part of the world where people cannot take a joke and have a laugh?
mr seamstress
Distinguished Member

Post by mr seamstress »

Mouse wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:12 pm
Here in the UK, it is not un common for a group of chaps to all dress up in kilts for a wedding, stag do, party etc. It is seen as a great laugh. Their women folk will all be making the standard Scottish jokes and no one will be the least bit troubled that their men are in skirts.

Where are you in the world? It is not apparent from your profile. Is it a part of the world where people cannot take a joke and have a laugh?
In the area I live in pants is required for jokes and laugh. There is parts of America you can find men in kilts as normal wear, just not in my area were I live. They enjoy men in kits in a show, but they wouldn't want that man being part of their community, at least the majority of that community has that attitude.
I had a woman liking the dress I was wearing better than previously what I was wearing, but made the point she still didn't appreciate me being in a dress.

There is a company that require men to wear a kilt.

https://www.meninkilts.com/careers/

There is parts of América were men wear kilts for charity.

http://www.meninkilts.rmhcseattle.org

In my community women refuse accept men fully wearing a kilt. Wearing a kilt for a charity is a no no. It is a no no for a man have a job that requires him to wear a kilt.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

mr seamstress wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:59 pm In the area I live in pants is required for jokes and laugh. There is parts of America you can find men in kilts as normal wear, just not in my area were I live. They enjoy men in kits in a show, but they wouldn't want that man being part of their community, at least the majority of that community has that attitude.
I had a woman liking the dress I was wearing better than previously what I was wearing, but made the point she still didn't appreciate me being in a dress.
In my community women refuse accept men fully wearing a kilt. Wearing a kilt for a charity is a no no. It is a no no for a man have a job that requires him to wear a kilt.
Again Mr Seamstress where in the USA do you live???
I have traveled over a great deal of the country in a skirt and in dresses and have not found the place you describe. I have been warmly accepted even in parts of the country that have not seen modern conveniences yet! :lol:
Places where Moon Shadow comes from are also pretty backwards and yet I have had no problems nor have seen problems with the folks around there.
So where are you talking about???????
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:11 pm So where are you talking about???????
The news piece is about an Illinois high school. Don't know whether that is a clue?
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

mr seamstress wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:04 pm I get complements from women from my attire I wear. That said: They still wouldn't have any relationships with man in a kilt, skirt or dress.
Maybe it's not the garment but the attitude of the wearer or the personality of the woman?