Hypothethical Question

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hypothethical Question

Post by Mouse »

Barleymower wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:56 pm If I had a problem it would be mostly me. I can wear a skirt in front of people I dislike. I can wear a skirt in front of people I trust, I can wear a skirt in front of strangers, I wear one in front of my dad. What I really struggle with is non skirt wearing friends (Kith). I just can't do it, I don't really know why.
BM, I think it is a matter of going for broke. I have various clients/professionals that I work for/with, where I would only wear kilts in front of them. Bearing in mind that I started in 2020 working in a black kilt, 2024 brought in the black working skirt, and a big push by me to not hide in a kilt and to push through with the work skirt for all contacts. The fact that most of this is in my own head is not lost on me.

All advice for skirt wearing is taken at your own risk to your life and well being......
Last edited by Uncle Al on Sat May 11, 2024 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed Typo
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

STEVIE wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:34 am
JohnH wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 3:46 pm There are enough women wearing dresses so I don't stand out wearing a dress with my beyond shoulder length hair and bust.
Ironically John, that is identical to my feelings many years ago and the polar opposite of my attitude today. Now I feel proud to "stand out" as a Man in a Skirt, regardless of where I am or in whose company I happen to be.
For grins, belt out some arias while you push the cart, that'd really mess up a few heads.
Sorry, but "blending in" won't advance fashion freedom for men in any way that I can imagine.
I think I bend people's minds enough when I talk with a voice pitch 1 1/2 octaves below that of a young lady with a voice timber of a man while appearing like a woman.
To expand fashion freedom for men I honestly wish men would abandon the practice of adopting made up feminine names and pretending to be women when they present en femme.
On crossdressers.com I use my real masculine name of John and in the signature block I indicate my preferred pronouns of "he, him, his".

John
I renounce the Great Male Renunciation!!!
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

jamie001 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:39 pm I once discussed this with a male manager that I reported to about 15 years ago, and his reply regarding the necktie is that we don’t want to see open necks because some men have chest hair sticking out two inches from their collar. The necktie prevents this. It is surprising to me that these men with chest hair sticking out several inches beyond their collars can’t see this problem in the mirror, or maybe they see it and just don’t care. This is the only legitimate argument to necktie wearing that I ever heard. If men are allowed open necks in the workplace, just make a requirement that chest hair sticking out from the collar is unacceptable for both men and women.
The traditional business suit is either a uniform...or very nearly a uniform, with only modest variations being permissible.

Came across an argument that the tie is about the only part of the rig that allows a splash of color, a bit of individuality. Generally, though, in formal settings we see only minor variations in terms of color (usually dull) or style (usually bland).

Bow ties are another possibility. Usually tending towards dull colors and bland style.

It should be noted that there are other versions of ties that are rarely, if ever seen these days. Some designs fell out of fashion long ago.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Well, that's likely the end of this thread.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

crfriend wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:02 am Well, that's likely the end of this thread.
Yup, pretty well tied up.
My name is Anthony, please accept me for the person that I am.