Progress of a sort

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Progress of a sort

Post by rivegauche »

Saturday's Scotsman (an national Scottish newspaper) had a feature on Kevin Rowland. The picture showed the four male members of Dexy's Midnight Runners. One of them was wearing a maxi robe and Kevin Rowland was wearing a bright green skirt and matching top. The article made no reference to their clothes.

Yesterday's Times had an article about Birkenstock slingbacks for men. It was illustrated with a range of models including the Kobarah which has a distinct heel and is available up to size 11. It also mentioned a survey for Klarna that found that 52% of GEN Z had purchased an item marketed to the other gender, which of course could be mainly women buying male clothing, but the final paragraph of the article advocated gender blending clothing including skirts and dresses.
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Progress of a sort

Post by Modoc »

b25lY21zOjhhNTRiMWJjLWJjMzMtNDAxNy05YjNjLTVkMTI5YjY1MWZhZjo1MzI1MzliZS03OGI1LTQxZjItOGVhNi00NDY4MzI5ZjFlNjc=.jpg
I think this is the picture to which you were refering.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

Modoc wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:03 pm b25lY21zOjhhNTRiMWJjLWJjMzMtNDAxNy05YjNjLTVkMTI5YjY1MWZhZjo1MzI1MzliZS03OGI1LTQxZjItOGVhNi00NDY4MzI5ZjFlNjc=.jpg
I think this is the picture to which you were refering.
Didn't they sing Come On, Eileen? Still belted out at many a get together or wedding :rock: Nice to see wearable gear, rather than the outlandish stuff of the catwalks 8)
A life lived in fear is a life half lived ☆☆☆
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

new2skirts wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:29 pm Didn't they sing Come On, Eileen? Still belted out at many a get together or wedding Nice to see wearable gear, rather than the outlandish stuff of the catwalks
They certainly did and it is good to see too.
I know a Polish Eileen, so called because her father was obsessed by that song.
Let's say the name stood out rather strongly as she grew up.
Steve.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Good photo! I love the green skirt but I hardly ever wear long skirts these days so I won't be rushing out to buy it. The robe is great too.

And in the Scotsman! It must be less crusty than I thought; I haven't read it for years.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair