Be more dog

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Be more dog

Post by Sinned »

There's a new advert for O2 that's really relevant to us. It shows a cat that is obviously dissatisfied with being a cat and for those of you ( like me ) are either cat lovers or dog lovers ( or both ) then you should find this advert amusing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIQV9fcUhHw

I won't labour the obvious as you are all intelligent enough to get the symbolism. Interestingly, MOH saw it with me the first time and I didn't comment on the symbolism and neither did she. Maybe she didn't see it or then maybe she did and didn't want to comment. I'll say something next time but I need to be careful how I say it.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Be more dog

Post by partlyscot »

Sinned wrote:I won't labour the obvious as you are all intelligent enough to get the symbolism. .
I'm not sure I am. Maybe it's because I just woke up? I would have thought that it would have more relevance if the star was a Rottweiler and the theme was be more cat?
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Very clever.

John
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

partlyscot wrote:
Sinned wrote:I won't labour the obvious as you are all intelligent enough to get the symbolism. .
I'm not sure I am. Maybe it's because I just woke up? I would have thought that it would have more relevance if the star was a Rottweiler and the theme was be more cat?
I have seen the advert as well - not sure what it has to do with phones. I do agree gowever, that it should have been "be more cat" to have relevance to ourselves - only in my case a "little more cat" would be nice :cat:
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I must admit that be more cat would probably have been more appropriate but it's difficult to see how be more cat could work as a concept. Anyway associated with this is a simple fun little quiz that takes about 30 seconds on http://www.bemoredog.com. I've just done it and I'm a Golden Achiever and am 97% dog ( whatever that means ). "Over achiever more like. You’re the doggiest darn dog there is. You’re No.1 in the curiosity stakes, always craving a super sensory overload and all-out stimulation. You see the world through rose tinted Google Glasses. There’s nothing you won’t jump at! A real leader of the pack." It's very clever marketing.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

A fairly cute video, but completely lost on me. Thirty seconds after seeing it the first time i could not remember which network it was advertising and I still have no idea why I should want to go to their network rather than another one. Typical of the rubbish that results when they let "clever" marketing people loose.

As for relevance to men with open minds and the brass neck required to wear a skirt; sorry, that's lost on me too.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Sinned wrote:I must admit that be more cat would probably have been more appropriate but it's difficult to see how be more cat could work as a concept. Anyway associated with this is a simple fun little quiz that takes about 30 seconds on http://www.bemoredog.com. I've just done it and I'm a Golden Achiever and am 97% dog ( whatever that means ). "Over achiever more like. You’re the doggiest darn dog there is. You’re No.1 in the curiosity stakes, always craving a super sensory overload and all-out stimulation. You see the world through rose tinted Google Glasses. There’s nothing you won’t jump at! A real leader of the pack." It's very clever marketing.
Well, I tried the quiz and got 51% dog! Not sure what it means either. "Are you half full or half empty? You spend so much time sitting on the fence you could be mistaken for a moggy. It’s time to go one way or the other. Is it fright or fiesta?? It’s time to grab life with both paws! Ándale! Ándale!"
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels