Independence poll

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Independence poll

Post by skirtingtoday »

Sinned

I have also heard that Yorkshire may have inclinations to join a newly Independent country, Scotland (if they don't wish to become independent). And you would be very welcome!
Grok wrote:I have noticed that there is now talk of English nationalism, and of an English parliaments. I have even come across reference to nationalism in Cornwall, and devolution there.
There is the oft-repeated "West Lothian Question" which asks why Scottish MP's in Westminster CAN vote on purely English matters whereas English MP's at Westminster, CANNOT vote on purely Scottish matters. An English parliament is what is really required to eliminate this conflict.
(BTW the solution to the above is that quite a few Scottish MP's voluntarily do not vote on purely English matters. Certainly the SNP do not. Not so sure about Scottish labour or Scottish Liberal democrats - they may simply have to "toe the Party line" and be forced to vote.)
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Independence poll

Post by Grok »

Discussion about Yorkshire-www.yorkshirefirst.org.uk