Hot & Cold

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Hot & Cold

Post by Uncle Al »

This is what we're expecting for the next 7 days.
Temperatures dropping like crazy :twisted:
Temps for today and 7day forcast 2014-01-26.jpg
At least we're not getting the "White Stuff" covering the ground :)

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hot & Cold

Post by couyalair »

Could someone kindly translate those figures into stones for Skirtyscot?

Martin
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Ha ha, Martin!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Amazing temp. variations, for sure. Expressed in stones, I reckon the high of 73 deg. wouldn't heat them sufficiently to cook anything under them, but they'd be nonetheless pleasant to lie out on, if they were flat enough.
At the other end of the scale 20deg. would freeze the balls off a brass monkey, but being made of iron they're not 'stones' either.

Tom.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Uncle Al:

You being from Texas where things are done in a 'BIG' way - I have to comment that in Minnesota it is not so much doing things in a big way but
how things are done in the minus factor.
Temperature at this moment is a -07 wind is from the West Northwest (almost out of the eye of the tiger) at 21 mpg - and now the best part
WINDCHILL FACTOR IS A -31 and exposed flesh freezes almost instantly (within 5 minutes)! The frozen flesh is worse than a 3rd degree burn.
Oh and that is not all - expecting the WINDCHILL to drop to -40 overnight.
Although vehicles are not susceptible to the cold the way human flesh is - turning off the engine heat source and the metal goes to the outside
temperature very quickly. Gasoline fueled engines have to be started periodically to enable them being started at all. For diesels - just leave-em
running if you want to start them again or park in a heated garage.
I live in the Twin Cities and the temperatures are a bit warmer than the surrounding countryside (urban heat island effect).
Now go up on the Canadian border there is a small city; International Falls and it is not called the "Ice Box of the Nation" as a lark !
Routine actual temperatures can average -35 and the record temperature of -60 at Tower, MN was few years back.

Strangely when Minnesota is getting these sub-zero Polar Vortex weather patterns - Alaska is enjoying balmy mild winter. Even Fairbanks is enjoying
temps just below freezing +/- 25 degrees.

For folks all the way down to the Gulf this weather is not user friendly in any way.
It would be amusing if this Vortex would move off to the East and arrive at the Superbowl at kick off time.
Shades of the original 'Ice Bowl" game between Green Bay and Dallas !

So stay warm as you can and enjoy what you have - "Global Warming" fact or fiction ?
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

In Melbourne last week five days over 42C, the lowest night temp. was 26C, this this week in the mid 20s, the lowest night temp 13C. Tomorrow back to 40C and the rest of the week 30s. The whole thing is very trying. Some days the court temp at the Australian Tennis Open was 50C and they still played.

John