Prisoner or Pioneer

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Prisoner or Pioneer

Post by Uncle Al »

Some food for thought.........
Pioneer of the Future jpeg file 2013-12-29.jpg
Sounds a bit like the members of this forum :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
TomH
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Prisoner or Pioneer

Post by TomH »

Thanks for the idea of something else to say to any that might not understand how to think for themselves, Uncle Al. Lot's of the past really is stale, I think.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Thanks, Al.

Another one that comes to mind is a quote that's often attributed to Ghandi: "Be the change you want to see in the world."

It's cliché that "The longest journey begins with the first step", but in reality that's actually true: if one never takes the first step he will never get closer to the "end game" of his desire. Even if the first step goes awry, it's a beginning. If it goes wrong, and it certainly can, then so be it -- at least it was tried. "Nothing ventured, nothing gained" is also frequently used, but for that one I prefer the more banal, "No balls, no blue chips".

In short, nobody in our local vicinity is going to step forward and be a beacon that skirts work on guys. It's just not going to happen. We need to be that force for change; we need to set the example; we need to be worthy of emulation in this regard if progress is to occur. It's a big hill, and "convention" and "inertia" live atop it and will be shooting down at us. We need to muster the courage to walk up that hill, even in the face of fire, to confront "convention and inertia". Only by stepping forward can we move forward and thereby change the world around us.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

Excellent Unle Al!
I was going to post this link on "Jacktrack" but I think it deserves to be over here. Just looked up the 'Baebes of whom I've long been a big fan.
Best wishes to you and all from me and The Medeaval Baebes!
http://www.mediaevalbaebes.com/about/

This post got delayed half way through by a long phone call from a friend about wonderful rare big radios about 1930. He's just got a Steinite cosole with turntable in the top sent over from the 'States. Model 102A. It uses type 50 output tubes, usually found in cinema amps. So that would have been a blast for 1930. It's amazing anyone could afford such a thing. A month or so average wage to buy new. He's also got an Echophone model 60, 1931, as well.
He's coming over to hear my new "BSEA" amp using type 50s. They are much better valves than the usual type 6A3, 2A3 tubes usually found in domestic sets around that time.