Running Skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Running Skirt

Post by GerdG »

norstdresses wrote:Do you wear it for running?. I do my early morning run in my running dress and the feeling is great. I will see, how to purchase a street Commander running kilt and get it to Botswana.
NO, I don't run myself. But just a little bit longer I think I could use it for walking?
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
norstdresses
Member Extraordinaire

Post by norstdresses »

Yes, for walking and hiking it should be a little bit longer. I like to walk in the nature to wear shorter dresses like this one
my newest dress.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

You are certainly more colourful than I would dare!
Running? For me only if I've slightly misjudged the crossing amongst the traffic.
I do walk around a lot, and find the way to go is always to have a decent amount of skirt to stride in and waft in the wind. The default one of late has been the Historical Emporium embroidred one which I laboriously added pockets to. That is ankle length rayon, a quite heavy very flowy material that really flounts skirts for men as I swirl by.
Here's a shot of it:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

Jack Williams wrote:Running? For me only if I've slightly misjudged the crossing amongst the traffic.
This reminds me of when I was in a room overlooking a pedestrian crossing near Trajan's Forum in Rome, in 1982. A nun, in traditional habit, looked both ways before scooping her skirt well above her knees, then dashed across the road.(I wish I'd had the camera handy!) I, later, also crossed there myself and, if skirted, would have done the same, as Italian drivers seemed, then, only to avoid drivers (barely) and did not stop for any pedestrian!
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Sarongman wrote:
Jack Williams wrote:Running? For me only if I've slightly misjudged the crossing amongst the traffic.
This reminds me of when I was in a room overlooking a pedestrian crossing near Trajan's Forum in Rome, in 1982. A nun, in traditional habit, looked both ways before scooping her skirt well above her knees, then dashed across the road.(I wish I'd had the camera handy!) I, later, also crossed there myself and, if skirted, would have done the same, as Italian drivers seemed, then, only to avoid drivers (barely) and did not stop for any pedestrian!
When I was in Germany in the early 60's the rule of thumb was when crossing any roadway as a pedestrian was to keep walking at the same pace - - -
DO NOT TURN BACK !
DO NOT BREAK STRIDE !
DO NOT ALTER DIRECTION !
These seasoned European drivers will be able to avoid hitting you BECAUSE they are anticipating your EXACT behavior to do EXACTLY that - - -
DO NOT TURN BACK !
DO NOT BREAK STRIDE !
DO NOT ALTER DIRECTION !
AND CONVERSLY if you are that seasoned driver then that is what is expected of the pedestrians crossing your path !

Now if wearing a SKIRT - LOOK OUT you will be breaking the drivers concentration and he still won't hit you but mayhem to others and fixed objects will follow !

Germany did NOT have any Traffic circles/roundabouts which are a great place to demonstrate driver-pedestrian-roulette.
Crossing to the other side of the circle is relatively easy if you just SKIRT the minor roadways around the circle.
But the real challenge is go straight thru to the other side of the circle (pay no attention to that statue and water fountain in the middle) !
When you step off that curb the world is not going to stop for you - however it is expected that you will take the next step and keep that rhythm till the other
side of the circle is reached. Never mind - do not pay any attention to wolf whistles or sincere or insincere comments DO NOT BREAK RHYTHM !
Suicidal - just raise the hem of your SKIRT to show off your pretties underneath - then await the angels to awake you from your bath in the water fountain and
bump on your head where the statue fell on it. Remember I told you to pay no attention to the statue and water fountain well that is where you landed after
playing UPSKIRT with the kamikazi driver whose attention was diverted by your showmanslip !

So what has this got to do with a Running Skirt well not a darn thing ! But I don't think that you are going to be out and about running in full drag ( a SKIRT/DRESS
that is ankle length hindering your speedy progress to complete your race - even the Greeks did not run a marathon in their fustanella !

Oh by the way were you wearing PINK for breast cancer awareness ?
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
norstdresses
Member Extraordinaire

Post by norstdresses »

no, the dress looks pink, but it is a red with yellow and black.
Streetcommander

Post by Streetcommander »

Hey norstdresse, GerdG and everybody else.

Thanks for sharing news of the running kilt from StreetCommander - please be friend with us on Facebook :D

The Running Kilt from StreetCommander is tailor-made and designed especially for running. I myself have been running more than 90 marathons and several trail runs all over the world. It takes a well-designed kilt to do that.
It may not be cheap compared to a lot of other mass produced kilt - but we make it to fit you perfectly.
So Norstdresse - we will be delighted to make one for you, and send it to Botswana 8) at a reduced price.

Just contact me Borkdirksen@gmail.com
Best wishes

Jakob
Owner of http://WWW.STREETCOMMANDER.COM