Lou Reed dead.

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Lou Reed dead.

Post by Sarongman »

Well, Lou Reed has finally succumbed after a life lived dangerously. It's remarkable he reached 71 considering how many contemporaries went earlier. He was a great influence to later musicians in the rock genre. He in music and Warhol in art were closely linked.
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Lou Reed dead.

Post by skirtingtoday »

Funnily enough, I was listening to "Take a walk on the wild side" on Saturday evening. That and the other "Transformer" tracks such as "Satellite of Love" and "Perfect Day" still bring up goosebumps.

Such a sad loss to us all.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

Sad indeed. The lad lives on in my music collection as well.
Let's do walk on the wild side with the Velvet Underground.
Recommend "A night with Lou Reed" live DVD recorded at sold out "The Bottom Line" venue in New York City. Got Velvet Underground vinyl you bet. What do you think "VU" on your meters means?
A Greenwich Village man.
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

I bow my head to this bloke.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrMLt9bMd_I