Lost it somewhere,

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Lost it somewhere,

Post by Sarongman »

I've looked everywhere but it seems to have totally and irretrievably disappeared. I am talking about the season called SPRING. We have had heatwave records for September broken yesterday and then topped again today. Here, my weather station recorded 35 (95f) degrees, and This is a temperature we, here in the Tableland called the Southern Downs, usually get on the hottest day in a year. I see Hobart is looking to a maximum of 18, while here, last night never got below 23 (measured at 5,30 before the sunrise. One benefit, I suppose, is the night temperature of the Native Frangipani is stronger.
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Lost it somewhere,

Post by Kirbstone »

Living within the tropics there usually isn't such a thing as Spring.

Spring is the preserve of those of us in the high latitudes who endure frost & snow in Winter and comes as a headlong rush of blossom on trees followed by leafing of the deciduous ones which have been bare for 5 months. All this accompanied by a greening of the hedges and lots of early flowers, e,g, daffs, crocuses tulips &c.

In the tropics you don't experience that contrast in temperatures and it doesn't surprise me that you already have some days like high Summer.

Never been to Cairns, though, so I don't know for sure.

T.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Lost it somewhere,

Post by Jack Williams »

Spring is definitely here in the lower latitudes, with the blackbirds rasing their young outside my window. The plumtrees have finished their blossoms and are setting fruit. The weather is the usual showers, storms and splashes of sunshine normal for Spring here. Temperature about 18c. (67f).
Shots taken from my landing deck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.