URB Menswear

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Re: URB Menswear

Post by RichardA »

him & me.jpg
Him from the advert at the top and me in a nearly the same dress, I would not dream going outside in a dress :oops: but it's OK round the house.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Same dress, but in tan tights
dress & tights.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

Richard, I couldn't wear those dresses anywhere outside the privacy of my own home. To me, the dresses shown look more like long singlets. Jack's dresses, however, are something I could consider although again, like my skirts, I believe a credible "man's dress" should have practical pockets.
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
derail3

Post by derail3 »

Richard,
Maybe you would feel comfortable wearing it outside the house if you wore a tight woman's caped (short) sleeved t-shirt under it. I was thinking white top, black sandals. My ex-girlfriend came up with a similar outfit, for a winter holiday party we were going to. She used a long sleeve bodysuit under a sleeveless dress. I guess you could also use a short sleeve bodysuit. Being summer the caped (short) sleeve t-shirt would be cooler.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

It really is about what you wear with it. A short dress that looks more like a tunic needs black tights or leggings to set it off. My wife's tnic dresses look dress-like on her short frame but on mine look like a long-ish jumper! I pair it with leggings and it looks OK-ish.

When you are six foot, you really see that options are a bit limited.
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I have worn a black sleeveless dress just like yours but with a jumper, cardigan, pullover, zippered jacket ( or whatever you may wish to call it ) and a belt. It looks alright to me as it takes away the dress-like impression. Alternatively as you say something underneath - even a conventional shirt! But yes, it does need either black or the same colour tights ( holdups, whatever ). Bare arms for a man are a definite no with this type of dress.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
mikel

Post by mikel »

I definitely like the black jumper with contrasting tights and turtleneck shirt. Question.... Would a belt enhance the look for an empire style dress?