What did *you* wear "out and about" today? part2

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
r1g0r
Member Extraordinaire

What did *you* wear "out and about" today? part2

Post by r1g0r »

today @ work:

blue fleece top
45" long denim skirt
black half-slip
brown striped leggings (current temp 7f without the wind-chill :? )
blue shearling boots
you know... george orwell warned us!
"Moderation is a colorless, insipid thing to counsel. To live less would not be living."
Sister M. Madeleva Wolff (1887-1964), CSC
Sasquatch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sasquatch »

Had a "date night" without the kids. Wife and I took in a film at Thallian Hall, then pizza and a pint of Guiness at Mellow Mushroom. Wore long tan corduroy skirt, sheer black tights underneath, Tatami clogs, black T shirt under GI drab long sleeve shirt untucked. Saw Dar Jheeling Express (sp?) Not bad.
Sasq
Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!

Hunter/Garcia
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Went to the supermarket this morning in a camouflage print kilt with a black t shirt and dark green gillet. Short black socks and black suede slip on shoes.

Only comment was from the cashier (female, 50 ish) who asked whether today was special in Scotland. She appeared genuinely interested when I told her it was just one of the choices from my wardrobe, picked for comfort in the relatively cool damp weather we have today.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
crfriend
Master Barista

Yesterday, actually

Post by crfriend »

First off, I'd like to extend my thanks to R1g0r for restarting this tread following its otherwise untimely demise. ;) (It would have been tacky for me to restart it.)

Yesterday, following the mini-and-fishnet debacle, Sapphire and I headed out to run errands (bank, supermarket, liquor store, post office, and lunch) with me wearing the remains of the (apparently failled) experiment (white dress shirt, red wool waistcoat, off-white opaque tights, and my usual slip-on black dress shoes and my calf-length royal blue velvet skirt. It met with more approval than the mini-and-fishnet look....

Today looks like it's going to be a stay-at-home day, so this will likely be my last report on this topic for today. :)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

Yesterday was kinda windy and a little rainy, so, I decided to go with a navy blue t-shirt, Armstrong tartan kilt, black piper hose (has the built-in bobble-top cross-stitched turnover) with red flashes, and a pair of running shoes. Threw a parka on over the shirt.

Friday was kinda warm, so I was able to go without a jacket over my t-shirt. I was wearing my military weight MacKenzie tartan kilt that day, though.

Today, I have to make a run to the hardware store and then to Costco. It's a bit chillier than yesterday was, so the MacKenzie will see use again. After I get home, I will throw on a pair of jeans, since I'll be working on a head swap project on my other car.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

Fleece jacket with navy blue denim cargo skirt from Midas, and navy soccer socks with walking boots, seen here on my morning hike. Later visited my wife, who is currently in hospital. Only comment on the skirt was a complement from one of the nurses who said she liked the modern style of my "kilt" as she called it.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

My, my, Cessna, you do live in a wonderful and rugged part of the country. Beautiful scenery and nature.

Your choice of clothing suits you very well. Looking good. :wink: :) :D

Peter v.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Nice pic Cessna,

...but tell me, how do you manage the buttons on your skirt without any hands? :D Or was it cold?

It's surprising how many people refer to a skirt as a kilt if it's worn by a guy, I frequently correct them but then point out that a kilt is only a subset of skirts anyway. The look of confusion can be hysterical :D

Me? Back in trousers at work :( Maybe this is the year when I shall try a kilt at work and see what reaction I get from the head honcho (I feel certain no one else will care once they get past the initial leg pulling)

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

Nice looking outfit and wonderful scenery!

So sorry that your wife is in hospital :cry: Will she be OK?
Moderation is for monks. To enjoy life, take big bites.
-------Lazarus Long
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

but tell me, how do you manage the buttons on your skirt without any hands? Or was it cold?
Yes it was cold - I should have worn gloves. Later in the day it started snowing.
Will she be OK?
I hope and pray so. She had a stroke between Christmas and New Year and will need a lot of rehab and physiotherapy if she is to regain mobility.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

All of us will be praying along with you and wishing you and your wife well.
Moderation is for monks. To enjoy life, take big bites.
-------Lazarus Long
AMM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by AMM »

Milfmog wrote:It's surprising how many people refer to a skirt as a kilt if it's worn by a guy, I frequently correct them but then point out that a kilt is only a subset of skirts anyway. The look of confusion can be hysterical :D
I have a different point of view.

If it makes it easier for folks to accept me wearing my 30", royal blue, 5-radian tiered broadcloth skirt (with a light-blue lace-trimmed lining -- see my posting in "Pics") if they can call it a "kilt", I figure, why not?
Colin
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Colin »

I have received my dark blue denim UnionKilt today and also separately from the Highland Store, a pair of long black kilt socks and a kilt pin.
Thanks to various of you for your help, including Keith for recommending UnionKilt and Ian (Milfmog) for advising me to wear a kilt pin.

I have just worn the kilt for a drive to the local superstore to buy some milk and things this evening. There are always lots of people there, but I don't think that I got much reaction.
Colin.
r1g0r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r1g0r »

today @ work:

black button-down shirt
white striped leotard
black fishnet fingerless gloves, elbow length
"mermaid" ankle-length denim skirt
black half-slip
powder blue shearling boots

and i got my claws back! :twisted:
you know... george orwell warned us!
"Moderation is a colorless, insipid thing to counsel. To live less would not be living."
Sister M. Madeleva Wolff (1887-1964), CSC
gorcee

Post by gorcee »

Orange short sleeve button down shirt over a brown long sleeve t-shirt
a brown a-line corduroy skirt that falls just above the knee
brown plaid knee socks
brown doc marten mary janes

This is my favorite outfit, and I can't even tell you how many compliments I get in it. I've had a lot of really cute women tell me that I look so natural in it that they had to stop to realize that it wasn't normal wear for a guy!