Why don't you post photos

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.

Why have you not posted a photo?

I have posted a photo in the gallery.
32%
I have posted a photo in the forum (but not gallery).
24%
I don't look good in a kilt/skirt.
10%
I would be embarrassed for friends/family to see me in a kilt/skirt.
10%
I don't have access to a camera, but would post if I did.
15%
Other (please specify in a reply!)
9%

Total votes: 324

JetRanger

Why don't you post photos

Post by JetRanger »

I am not complaining -- I have not posted a photo yet :)

But I was interested as to why so many members have not posted photos.

JR
JetRanger

Post by JetRanger »

My answer to this ... there are too many friends and family who I have not come out to about my kilt/skirt wearing.

I'm not sure I'd want them to stumble across this online!

I guess I still have some insecurities about some of my clothing choices.
me012247

Pictures

Post by me012247 »

I think, pictures can tell more then a thousend words - I heard that phrase somewhere ;) - but it is up to everybody posting here, if they like to see pictures in messages or somewhere else or not at all.
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]It is Snowing Down South[/FONT] :ninjajig: :cheer:
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

not enough choices

Post by Since1982 »

I have photos at both my posts/replies and in the MUGs gallery. Both skirted and non-skirted. I'm out for good. Since I wear skirts all the time everywhere for over a year now I don't care who sees what. Since I can't vote in your poll more than once, I didn't vote at all. :think: :clap: :cool: :shake:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
hiker

Post by hiker »

I don't post pictures for several reasons. But primarily I don't have time to learn how to post a picture. I wear a skirt or kilt several times a week but it takes time to take a picture that I like and then post the picture. But I agree that it is interesting to see the pictures of others.
Rogon

Post by Rogon »

1) Don't kow how. I had sent Tom some pic's a long time ago via e-mail but he never got around to posting them. 2)The process needs to be easy other wise I can't be bothered. 3) No one to help with the camera and I can't figure out how to use the time delay.
G.Shaw

Post by G.Shaw »

I have attempted in the past but given up as I don't really have the time to learn the tricks of doing it. I know some have provided advise for posting pictures but I just "haven't". I've nothing against posting pictures though.

Greg
LOL, FL
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I've used several pictures in my avatars over the past few dozen months, mostly attuned to the season. I don't photograph terribly well, and don't have the resources to hire a professional photograper to run a real "shoot" of me in various rigs; hence, I tend to fiddle with the digital camera on remote control and hope for the best, which never comes out quite right. So, the avatars will have to do until I can come up with something better.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

"don't photograph well"

Post by Since1982 »

You think you photograph worse than me??? A big fat guy with a saggy body and face? Comon, don't worry about it, no one is going to think less of you in any way. We all know you're an intelligent guy with a great beard.

Your clothing choices look great too...from a distance, we'd sure like to see then closer up so we could not only have your wonderful descriptions of them but be able to see them also.

I've been so jealous of you and your silk this and red that, so I bought 8 yards of beautiful tiger striped batik cotton off ebay and made my first non-drab skirt with it today. Tomorrow I'll be getting photos made of me wearing it and post them here at the gallery and in my avatar too. The most important person in your life is happy with the way you dress, why would you care what anyone else thinks? I hope you change your mind about not giving us some crfriend pictures in the MUGs gallery. :dance: :think: :ninjajig:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
trainman
Location: Adelaide, South Australia, Australia, Land Down Under!

Post by trainman »

Lack of digital images to post, and it's also hard to get a view of my face in any photo.
Trainman is...

...Geek in Goth clothing!
r1g0r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r1g0r »

i wear skirt more than 90% of the time, and don't have the excess time needed to setup, shoot, edit, and display the images.

frankly, i don't currently have time enough for anything outside of my current routine. if i do, i will be happy to post a photo or two.
you know... george orwell warned us!
"Moderation is a colorless, insipid thing to counsel. To live less would not be living."
Sister M. Madeleva Wolff (1887-1964), CSC
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

well, I posted a photo! why not?
The only thing man cannot endure is meaninglessness.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

I'm happy to, but dont know how to do it. Clues?

Ray
JetRanger

Post by JetRanger »

Ray wrote:I'm happy to, but dont know how to do it. Clues?
According to CharlesG (in another thread) ...
just email your shots to MUGshots@tomscafe.org. Be sure to include your Toms Cafe ID and preferred caption in the body of the email.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

That group

Post by Since1982 »

For "That Group" that doesn't want their picture in Tom's, why not just say, "I don't want my picture in Tom's" instead of all the "My face doesn't photograph well, I don't have time, I don't photograph well, I can't be bothered, I don't know how, (for which all is needed is to ask most members or Noodles)or any other excuse used to cover the real reason of "I don't want my picture in Tom's". I realize lots of members here are still wearing skirts etc. only in the sanctity of the home because they are worried about what friends etc. will think or say. That's ok...I was there for a long time myself and wouldn't have posted a MUGGED picture of myself on the Moon, until I actually came "out of the house", realized what a non-event it actually was and virtually threw all my trousers away. But that's still not a good reason to make up transparent excuses for not posting a picture. The best possible reason for not posting one is IMHO, "I'd just rather not". Then you needn't make up any reasons why.

This is my opinion, you may not agree with it, that's your right. Opinions are like noses, everyone has one, even Michael Jackson, even if HIS is plastic, it's still his "bought and paid for"nose. :shake: :shifty: :wall: :stir: