Long nightshirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

what about these Indoor Thobe / Dishdasha for men
http://www.desertstore.com/products-For ... be-08.html
ashtree

Post by ashtree »

Hi, B&B
If you need help with Version Ltd just write me. Their office is near my office, and I have all their telephones and other contact data.
Best
Ashtree
ashtree
ashtree

Post by ashtree »

Richard A wrote:what about these Indoor Thobe / Dishdasha for men
http://www.desertstore.com/products-For ... be-08.html
Hi, Richard,
Good place. And the prices are reasonable.
We have immigrants from Iraq here in Sofia , Bulgaria, who escaped during all wars in the region, and some of them opened Arabic Souvenir Shops on our Central Market. I have three different style thobes- Iraqui, Moroccan and Egyptian. They are really very comfortable. And the Arab shop owners are usually very polite and respectful, when an European buys their national clothing. For them it's a kind of respect of their cultire. The other thing is, that you can stay for hours in such a shop and bargain for something. The owners offer you a cup of coffee or tea and don't let you, before you buy something:) As if you are on the market in Baghdad , Istanbul or Damascus.
ashtree
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

A quick update:
I picked up the parcel from Nights in White Flannel.
Two shortish sleeved long nightshirts, two similar but floor length with pockets, and two floor length gowns with pockets and zip collar for when it is really cold. All in Canadian blanket type flannel material which is very very soft and warm.
They were about four inches longer and shrunk to a perfect length on washing and tumble-drying, just as NIWF predicted.
I wanted straight hems instead of curved because I have had tearing on my older ones at the bottom of the side seams. They came with straight edges but have small slits at the sides, now toying with stitching these up, think I will leave them be for the time being.
Come the warmer weather will approach Version Ltd. for more exotic fabrics, watch this space.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

I bought two of there Sleepers lovely and warm in the colder months, may get some long nightshirts next time
ashtree

Post by ashtree »

Hi, Big&Bashful and Richard. Just taken my order from Version Ltd- a long nightgown and peignoir in burgundy satin. Just for EUR 43.00.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Ashtree
ashtree
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Hi, Richard,
I tried a sleeper last time and didn't like the zip up 'cargo hatch'. Also as I have a very long body I found it worse than trousers for sweetbread entrapment.
They normaly do nightshirt / robes up to a max. of calf length but if you want longer just tell them how long and your height, they got mine spot on.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Felix

Post by Felix »

I wear a nightshirt too. But long length is nothing for me. Knee-length nightshirts are more comfortable than longer, I feel more free. I think that cool or warm for sleeping doesn't depend on length of the nightshirt but on thickness of blanket.

But I agree with you that it is problem to buy long nightshirt in common shops.

On my website
http://nocni-kosile.ic.cz/indexen.htm
you can see what nightshirts is possible to buy in the Czech republic, in the others European countries and all World.
ashtree

Post by ashtree »

Hi, Felix,
Great page! Contains full info about men's nightshirts over the World. As I have already written, in Bulgaria men's nightshirts are absolutely unavailable, except second-hand shops, where you can often see even brand-new (with labels) men's nightshirts from Germany. They are not sold in common shops. Once I asked an underwear shop owner, running a shop in a mall in Sofia about mens' nightshirts, and she said, she can order from Germany or Czech Republic, but "there is still no culture among Bulgarian men to wear long nightshirts, and they won't go".
Anyway, I have special preferences to nighshirts/nightgowns, I like them very long and made of satin, even I like some femme styles (don't get me wrong, I'm not a crossdresser) with matching robes. I simply like them -that's my style. So I found a company in Sofia, specialized on satin underwear/lingerie, who make me tailor-made ones by my order and models, taken from Internet. The quality is superb (South Korean Satin) and the prices are fairly cheap - a set of nioghtgown and robe my size costs me about EUR 45, never more.
Best regards
Yassen aka Ashtree
PS, please add the Bulgarian translation to your international page: 'Мъжка нощница"
ashtree
Felix

Post by Felix »

Hi, Ashtree,
I have already added your translate to my websites. You can see there, there are news about nightwear (woman's nightdreses, pyjamas, overalls - all from Czech websites).
firedawg

Post by firedawg »

wintersilks sells unisex silk night shirts.

http://www.wintersilks.com

a more direct link http://www.wintersilks.com/products.asp ... -sleepwear