Skirting when doing DIY projects

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Skirting when doing DIY projects

Post by Mouse »

So guys what do you wear when doing DIY jobs? Me? When I was 7 in 1970, the girls at school got to wear leotards and skirts for PE (Physical Education) and us boys got shorts and shirts. Therefore, free me, now gets to wear a leotard and leather skirt, that I have extended as my waist has extended. I know I look odd, but do I care? No, I am happy and free.
In summer 2022 building a deck out of railway sleepers.
The other day, fleece added since it was a bit nippy.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirting when doing DIY projects

Post by Spirou003 »

When at home, if I feel warm enough to do the work and the work is compatible with skirt wearing (and when doing around the house, if weather permits): https://snipboard.io/BdXWbI.jpg
The only significant downside compared to trousers: the pockets are hard to use with this skirt, due to its design. But the advantages largely compensate
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

You don't look odd mouse, you look happy.
Nice rigger boots by the way 👍
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

Barleymower wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:41 pm You don't look odd mouse, you look happy.
I am in a happy place. I like making things. Thanks BM
Barleymower wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:41 pm Nice rigger boots by the way 👍
I hope you noticed that in the first two I had proper site boots on when working with heavy lumps of wood...The rigger boots live at the back door and are used for gardening.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

Spirou003 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:58 pm When at home, if I feel warm enough to do the work and the work is compatible with skirt wearing (and when doing around the house, if weather permits): https://snipboard.io/BdXWbI.jpg
The only significant downside compared to trousers: the pockets are hard to use with this skirt, due to its design. But the advantages largely compensate
You look great in the picture. Real construction in a skirt.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Mouse wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:57 pm
Barleymower wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:41 pm You don't look odd mouse, you look happy.
I am in a happy place. I like making things. Thanks BM
Barleymower wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:41 pm Nice rigger boots by the way 👍
I hope you noticed that in the first two I had proper site boots on when working with heavy lumps of wood...The rigger boots live at the back door and are used for gardening.
HA! I didn't like to say. I'm sure the other boots have a steel mid sole and steel toe cap. I can see they are lace up with ankle protection.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

Barleymower wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:07 pm HA! I didn't like to say. I'm sure the other boots have a steel mid sole and steel toe cap. I can see they are lace up with ankle protection.
Yes, they are the real deal from Caterpillar and part of my current site protection.
Seb
Distinguished Member

Post by Seb »

For all the small jobs around the house I usually just use what I'm wearing.
But most of my larger diy projects are quite dirty, like yesterday I was fitting the summer wheels on my car and had to service the brakes while I had the wheels off, all that dust/rust, silicone grease and aluminum paste is not something I want on my clothes so I keep a motor overall for the dirty work.
I did wear a t-shirt dress last year when putting up the outdoor pool.

I have plans to make a heavy duty dress with good loops and stuff for tools for use when doing renovations and such at home.
Not alone with a dream, Just a want to be free, With a need to belong,
I am a skirtsman
Freedom, Freedom, Freedom, Freedom
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

That's an awesome skirt, Mouse!

I'm doing DIY and gardening daily and will wear a utility kilt or a skort with a resilient fabric, more or less the skirted equivalent of cargo shorts I suppose. Rugged fabric that's easy to wash and lots of pockets. No sense in getting too dressed up for dirty jobs.

Tomorrow is World Naked Gardening Day, so I suppose I won't be wearing a skirt tomorrow. :lol:
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Great to see another person doing building work in a skirt. A few of us here have posted pics on the subject, Moonshadow, SkirtsDad, Kirbstone and myself to name a few.
I do stonework, mechanical work, welding and gardening in a mini skirt. The only time I put on overalls is spraying weedicide and recently, wriggling along in restricted space under someone's house.
FLbreezy wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:10 pm Tomorrow is World Naked Gardening Day, so I suppose I won't be wearing a skirt tomorrow. :lol:
Hmmm, that must be a northern hemisphere thing, it is getting close to winter here. Be careful with the gardening shears.
My name is Anthony, please accept me for the person that I am.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

denimini wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:02 am Great to see another person doing building work in a skirt. A few of us here have posted pics on the subject, Moonshadow, SkirtsDad, Kirbstone and myself to name a few.
I have some pics in my photo thread viewtopic.php?p=257283#p257283

I do a lot of work outside taking care of gardens and woods, and just about anything a handyman would do as well: electric, plumbing, appliance repair, renovations, cabinetry, tile, paint...almost always skirted. Why not, right?