Hypothethical Question

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hypothethical Question

Post by JohnH »

Carl (crfriend),

Why not put the slogan "Renounce the Renunciation" in the heading in this website along with an explanation of The Great Male Renunciation?

John
I renounce the Great Male Renunciation!!!
KiltedBigWave
Distinguished Member

Post by KiltedBigWave »

I am definitely wearing the light and airy flowing skirts in colors of my choice to include pink and baby blue.

There will also be heeled ankle boots and mary janes to complete the outfit.
"Look at Scottish guys wearing kilts - you could look at them and laugh, but the way they carry themselves, how can you? You can wear some of the weirdest things and be cool. If you believe in it, that's what makes it cool."
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

KiltedBigWave wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:49 pm I am definitely wearing the light and airy flowing skirts in colors of my choice to include pink and baby blue.

There will also be heeled ankle boots and mary janes to complete the outfit.
Great outfit choice. I approve! :D
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

JohnH wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:19 pmWhy not put the slogan "Renounce the Renunciation" in the heading in this website along with an explanation of The Great Male Renunciation?
I think I'm going to give that some thought. The masthead is well over a decade old already and may be due for a revamp.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

crfriend wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:40 pm
JohnH wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:19 pmWhy not put the slogan "Renounce the Renunciation" in the heading in this website along with an explanation of The Great Male Renunciation?
I think I'm going to give that some thought. The masthead is well over a decade old already and may be due for a revamp.
I have a better suggestion how about “GNC for All Men”. lol just kidding.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

jamie001 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:26 pmI have a better suggestion how about “GNC for All Men”. lol just kidding.
OK, and I am not kidding here, I call B.S. on "GNC" here and now. Why? Because it's just going to be one more damned cudgel to beat men with. Have you ever heard of a woman getting chastised for being "gender non-conforming"? I'll bet you the answer is "no", because they get free reign. Let's not tighten the "man box" any more than it already is.

Thus, "B.S." on the term. Sexist, misandrist, and entirely inappropriate.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

GNC is only sexist if you see it as derogatory; I think of it more as a compliment. I happily call myself a non-conformist. That doesn't only apply to dress codes.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I interpret Gender Non-Conforming as someone who does not conform to the conventional apearance and behaviour of a person of a particular gender. I personally do not have not issue with the term although I don't use it and it may be interpreted differently by others.
I agree with Carl to the degree that it applies more to men than women; my take on that is that perhaps 80-90% of women have expanded what is acceptable where probably only 1% at most of men have made that move. Women have that privelege now because of a few very brave women pioneers copping a heap of derogatory comments, then gradually more women following as the flack dissipates. Us men here are at the pioneering stage with some getting adverse reactions or comments.
My name is Anthony, please accept me for the person that I am.
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

Jim wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:38 am GNC is only sexist if you see it as derogatory; I think of it more as a compliment. I happily call myself a non-conformist. That doesn't only apply to dress codes.
Right on! I also see it as a compliment and am also nonconforming in other ways.
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

denimini wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:23 am I interpret Gender Non-Conforming as someone who does not conform to the conventional apearance and behaviour of a person of a particular gender. I personally do not have not issue with the term although I don't use it and it may be interpreted differently by others.
I agree with Carl to the degree that it applies more to men than women; my take on that is that perhaps 80-90% of women have expanded what is acceptable where probably only 1% at most of men have made that move. Women have that privelege now because of a few very brave women pioneers copping a heap of derogatory comments, then gradually more women following as the flack dissipates. Us men here are at the pioneering stage with some getting adverse reactions or comments.
Your assessment is right-on. The problem here is that men are pack animals and conformists. Being a nonconformist has consequences. As a child your get the sh1t beat out of you. As an adult, you may loose your job for wearing a skirt at work. You will be fired or laid off if you offend a conservative wing-nut rednech and you will never be told the real reason. This is why men stay well inside the Man-Box and will never get out. Men Police other men because the behavior was learned in early childhood on the playground in elementary school. Women had a little different situation fighting the battle. Back then, most of them were housewives. Also women don’t police each other into conformity like men. There is really no Woman-Box. So even though women fought a very brave battle, the battle being fought by men is much more difficult with more repercussions.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

I'm ready for a new question!
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

OK -Who's on first :?:

:hide:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:

( An A. & C. fan )
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

denimini wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:23 amI agree with Carl to the degree that it applies more to men than women; my take on that is that perhaps 80-90% of women have expanded what is acceptable where probably only 1% at most of men have made that move.
That is the crux of my argument, and I have never liked arming an enemy by giving them free ammunition to use against me. Thus I don't do it. This is yet another instance of a weapon that will only be used to bash men; thus my assertion that it's sexist, misandrist, and inappropriate.

It's not the concept -- it's the usage.
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

Faldaguy wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:32 am I'm ready for a new question!
I will come up with one soon. 🤣
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

How about this: "When will men once again be allowed to be fully human?