Skirts in Schools - No hope for boys

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirts in Schools - No hope for boys

Post by Stu »

When we are talking about children, the company which seems to mean it when they say everything is gender neutral is the US firm primary.com. Some of their dresses and skirts are modeled by children who are boys.
Last edited by Uncle Al on Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed URL link
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Stu wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:35 pm When we are talking about children, the company which seems to mean it when they say everything is gender neutral is the US firm primary.com. Some of their dresses and skirts are modelled by children who are boys.
Certainly a start Stu, but there is this retail/chicken egg question.
Primary are certainly dipping their toes in the water and may do well from it, time will tell.
However, I honestly don't believe retailers drive overall demand.
In childrenswear, the buyers are the parents, the drive is from the kid to mom/dad to retailer.
I don't imagine too many parents offer the choice of a skirt to little Johnny without a highly specific set of reasons.
As for the schoolyard bullies, marketing boyskirts is a whole different issue, impossible springs to mind.
Steve.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Small boys are poorly situated for defying norms. Realistically, I expect MIS in school to lag far behind MIS for adults.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Stu wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:35 pm When we are talking about children, the company which seems to mean it when they say everything is gender neutral is the US firm primary.com. Some of their dresses and skirts are modeled by children who are boys.
Thanks for sharing Stu. What Primary is doing is worth a cheer and brings a much needed smile to my face.
What I want doesn't really matter. I would like to see the circumstances TG people improved. Their need is greater than mine. I think if they were fully accepted, a lot of the issues there are with gender boundaries would be solved.
As for school yard bullies. They are kids, sort it out. They would quickly learn.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Barleymower wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:12 am As for school yard bullies. They are kids, sort it out. They would quickly learn.
They'll learn when the boys in skirts are not the ones to pick on!
Ouch.
Steve,
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

STEVIE wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:17 am
Barleymower wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:12 am As for school yard bullies. They are kids, sort it out. They would quickly learn.
They'll learn when the boys in skirts are not the ones to pick on!
Ouch.
Steve,
🤣 come on then!
Seb

Post by Seb »

I think having the uniform especially as there seems to be no shorts, might make more boys want to wear a skirt, if allowed. I quite like the idea.

In Sweden there is no dress code for kids in school, which means boys don't wear anything other than trousers or shorts, as do most girls for that matter too.
Not alone with a dream, Just a want to be free, With a need to belong,
I am a skirtsman
Freedom, Freedom, Freedom, Freedom
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Barleymower wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:04 pm What exactly are they afraid of?
Change
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:40 pm
Barleymower wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:04 pm What exactly are they afraid of?
Change
This, precisely. Nothing terrifies a reactionary any more than change. The sad thing is that in the 40 years they've held power they've transformed the world into a sad, sad parody of what it once was -- and it hasn't really furthered their aims. They're just out to burn the whole thing down.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

It's not change.
Better to say it's not just change.
My wife is supportive but also a feminist. She and many other women are fed up with men. A lot of women out there are not about to do men any favours, in their minds there are centuries of abuse to be righted.

There's a lot of virtue signalling at the moment. That is good words disguising unpleasant motives. For example the Cass report (Dr Hilary Cass) recently put a stop to NHS prescribing puberty blockers to TG kids. Saying kids were let down.
Wether or not you agree with Dr Cass women rights groups all over applauded the move. Why?
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

Barleymower wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:07 pm It's not change.
My wife is supportive but also a feminist. She and many other women are fed up with men. A lot of women out there are not about to do men any favours, in their minds there are centuries of abuse to be righted.

There's a lot of virtue signalling at the moment. That is good words disguising unpleasant motives. For example the Cass report (Dr Hilary Cass) recently put a stop to NHS prescribing puberty blockers to TG kids. Saying kids were let down.
Wether or not you agree with Dr Cass women rights groups all over applauded the move. Why?
It really pisses me off to see our government getting involved in these medical issue. The decision regarding puberty blockers should be left to doctors, psychologists, the parents and the child. Most politicians are ignoramus boggoted lawyers that should stay the f*ck out of medical decisions.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

The government should stay out of medicine and a lot of other things besides. Schools for example. Schools are not there to give people a free education. They are there to control the population, to educate that population to be of use. No more than that. Boys in skirts at school could lead to rebellion. Can't have that.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Barleymower wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:25 pm Boys in skirts at school could lead to rebellion. Can't have that.
Ah, so I was a budding subversive anarchist bolshy agitator at age 5, guess, I haven't really really changed much.
Steve.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Absolutely Stevie, you've been fighting the fascism of clothes since you were a able to sneak dress into your bedroom.
Screenshot_20240416_210256_DuckDuckGo.jpg
"We will never give in"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mr seamstress

Post by mr seamstress »

Barleymower wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:07 pm It's not change.
Just look at what women are teaching their sons. As long they teach their sons by setting an example of not accepting and respecting men in dresses or skirts, and they learn they don't have to give respect toward women either. Women have been taught to not accept men in skirts or dresses.
Women need to teach their children by setting an example how we should accept and respect each other. We don't have that. And that is the problem. When you have a boy in dress or skirt, you can teach him better of being more respective who is different including opposite sex.
Today world women wants to be treated equal without giving full equality in return.

Any time a woman doesn't accept and respect someone that is different, she, herself is being abusive just the same when a man does the same thing. We have this cycle of abuse that keeps going around, around and around, no matter of what type of abuse. As one learns it is okay be abusive in one type means they can use another type of abuse and see nothing is wrong with it.