Harry Styles again

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Harry Styles again

Post by rivegauche »

Article about Harry Styles in today's Guardian. The online version is at https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2024/ ... -a-viaduct

It doesn't have the picture that is shown in the print edition of HS in a dress with a tutu skirt.

It is the best I have seen him in a skirt/dress - I would say he usually gets it wrong. His legs look good and seem to be de-haired though he could be wearing pale tights and the shoes are unclear.

The print article makes no reference to his dress.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Harry Styles again

Post by STEVIE »

rivegauche wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:32 pm Article about Harry Styles in today's Guardian. The online version is at https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2024/ ... -a-viaduct
It doesn't have the picture that is shown in the print edition of HS in a dress with a tutu skirt.
It is the best I have seen him in a skirt/dress - I would say he usually gets it wrong. His legs look good and seem to be de-haired though he could be wearing pale tights and the shoes are unclear.
My cynicism around celebrity MIS and the attached hype is well known.
For Harry Styles, I'd cautiously concede that he genuinely wears skirts or dresses on a regular basis and all power to him.
Since I won't see a print copy Rivegauche, thanks for your comments too.
Sad that the scene of my first kiss will never reach shrine status, awkward kid on school trip abroad in a zero star hotel in the Loire Valley.
Steve.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

rivegauche wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:32 pm Article about Harry Styles in today's Guardian. The online version is at https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2024/ ... -a-viaduct

Reading the article online in isolation you would not expect a picture of HS in a dress, to accompany it. Except for the fact that HS in a dress is a striking picture and sells news papers. If one was cynical, you may think the story was written to allow the news paper the excuse to use the HS in a dress picture again?
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
mr seamstress

Post by mr seamstress »

For one woman it not a turnoff that Harry Styles wears dresses or skirts. Myra Carvalho was sentencing 14 weeks for stalking him. She sent him over 8,000 cards in one month.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop ... rcna148543
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

mr seamstress wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:44 pm For one woman it not a turnoff that Harry Styles wears dresses or skirts. Myra Carvalho was sentencing 14 weeks for stalking him. She sent him over 8,000 cards in one month.

Man, I hope you are joking!
That's not turned on that is a serious mental illness.
Steve.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

STEVIE wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:15 pm
mr seamstress wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:44 pm For one woman it not a turnoff that Harry Styles wears dresses or skirts. Myra Carvalho was sentencing 14 weeks for stalking him. She sent him over 8,000 cards in one month.

Steve.
8000 in one month is a serious piece of mailing. Think of the cost of the stamps. Just to write over 260 cards a day seems quite a task.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
mr seamstress

Post by mr seamstress »

Steve.
I had to post how one fan went crazy over Harry Styles. How many male fans showing up in concerts wearing a dress or skirts? If any there is zero news coverage of that fact. Why?
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

mr seamstress wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:46 pm

Steve.
I had to post how one fan went crazy over Harry Styles. How many male fans showing up in concerts wearing a dress or skirts? If any there is zero news coverage of that fact. Why?
Good question. I would show up in a skirt but I won’t pay $600 for a ticket to a Harry Styles concert or any other concert.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

mr seamstress wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:46 pm I had to post how one fan went crazy over Harry Styles. How many male fans showing up in concerts wearing a dress or skirts? If any there is zero news coverage of that fact. Why?
jamie001 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:35 pm Good question. I would show up in a skirt but I won’t pay $600 for a ticket to a Harry Styles concert or any other concert.
Easy answer, Harry Styles=some skirt wearing male fans, that's only to be expected.
However, if the whole audience was in a skirt or dress, that could fill column inches, boost advertising and make money.
Jamie, I agree, he can sing but $600, really?
Steve
mr seamstress

Post by mr seamstress »

jamie001 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:35 pm

Good question. I would show up in a skirt but I won’t pay $600 for a ticket to a Harry Styles concert or any other concert.
Should try in getting a discount rate for wearing a skirt at least. Then there is getting several males wearing skirts for publicity stunt and try get in for free.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Yeah Jamie, just try getting a significant enough number of guys together to create that stunt.
I'd be really interested if you could work that bit of magic.
Steve.
mr seamstress

Post by mr seamstress »

STEVIE wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:37 am Yeah Jamie, just try getting a significant enough number of guys together to create that stunt.
I'd be really interested if you could work that bit of magic.
Steve.
Question is how many men would be willing to wear a skirt to get in free? You can always take a poll on street and ask men if they would wear a skirt to get in a Harry Styles concert for free? One can try work as security in his concert so you can get in for free and walk out with a paycheck.
Getting a job as security and having them issue skirts as part of uniform with a publicity stunt, wouldn't that be great? Not only you have a paycheck. but also an souvenir. You never know these crazy ideas might work. Got to have fun.
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

Most men suffer from either [rad-fem hate-speech redacted] or extremely fragile masculinity and would never wear a skirt for any reason. Many men would rather rush into battle where they could be killed rather than do something as feminine as wearing a skirt. I believe that I would be one of the few males there wearing a skirt, however I may be able to recruit other GNC guys like myself and a few trannys and CDs, so it may be possible. My point is that it will never be possible for the normal toxic Joe or Fragile Bob on the street. Most men fit perfectly into those aforementioned two categories.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Ditto this one Jamie. DROP THE HATE-SPEECH! We're all getting very, very tired of it.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

I agree with Jamie to a point. The same point has been made by others in the cafe and in the media: Men have boxed themselves in with the fear of being a sissy. Both men and women are keeping men boxed in, women because they say " it's a no from me" and men by being so afraid of being called a sissy. Mouse has found total freedom, so has victor and many others. I came out fighting but I'm finding it increasing difficult. My sensitivity to looks and sniggers is getting to me again. Living in Reading is not the same as London and I'm looking forward to moving away.

Where i disagree with him is his constant promoting women as superior and their ability to take what they want. I don't think theirs has been an easy road but they are reaping the benefits now after a long struggle. Women are not superior to men. Men chose to leave skirts and dresses behind. Women did not choose to leave trousers behind they were taken away. It's an important distinction.

Men are free to do as they please. If they were as tough as they say they could pick up any article of clothing and wear it if they wanted to. It's that simple and stick two fingers up at anyone who challenges them.