Actions Louder than Words.

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Actions Louder than Words.

Post by Mouse »

denimini wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:01 am
Mouse wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:43 am However in this thread http://www.skirtcafe.org/forums/viewtop ... 91#p257191 I see picture of me in Converse.
That thread is under the Freestyle Fashions forum which is public.
I just added a post in "Skirts & Kilts for Men" http://www.skirtcafe.org/forums/viewtop ... 93#p257893 with a picture and I can see it there when not logged in. So I think external linked pictures work in all areas.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Mouse wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:43 amIf I look at this post, while not logged in, I don't see a picture, just a red line telling me I do not have permission to see..... So I don't see how this is Stevie out and proud?
That's a different permissions setting, and I'll take a look at it.
To be clear, I have no problem in being seen, since I am out in public every day and anybody can take pictures of me. Some people even ask to take my picture!
Indeed, but recall that you live in a developed and reasonably civilised country. I, for instance, don't. I live in a regressive backwater that's getting worse by the day.
I just want to learn and not do things wrong.
Rule 1: There is no such thing as a "stupid question". What's worse is a stupid blunder made because the question was never asked!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

crfriend wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:07 pm
Mouse wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:43 amIf I look at this post, while not logged in, I don't see a picture, just a red line telling me I do not have permission to see..... So I don't see how this is Stevie out and proud?
That's a different permissions setting, and I'll take a look at it.
I believe others were getting similar results including Stevie himself.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Mouse wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:13 pmI believe others were getting similar results including Stevie himself.
Being logged in is a prerequisite for looking at attachments in most cases; even seeing the main image form takes being logged in and having at least three posts accepted by the moderators, after which one transitions from a provisional/"new" member to a more privileged type. This is an attempt to keep things free from spam and other assorted grief. Is it perfect? Of course not, no human creation is perfect.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Pictures posting is ultimately up to the individual on the forum.
If you want to post your skirted pictures do so.
If you want to post your skirted pictures from the neck down do so.

I at the moment in my life a perfectly happy with posting an occasional neck down photo of me in a skirt.

Maby faceless shots are cowardice. At the moment then I'm a coward. At the moment I'm not wanting the whole world to know I wear skirts. That's just my stage in life at the moment. Maybe some day I will care less. But for now.

This forum, as well as most of the Internet is hardly secure.
Anyone can join this site, if they have basic keyboard skills.

just because you join, answer the right questions, behave for awhile. Doesn't mean that there can't be with malicious intent in mind. Now or in the future.

I'm guarded like this across most all of the Internet. You will find very few pictures and posts made by me on my other social accounts. I don't over share. I often share things after the fact. Example: events of a vacation. I wait till I'm home.

This day and age I think it's better to err on the side of caution.

Besides my ugly face won't be a selling point for the skirts.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Steve

A wonderful natural look.

Ray