Not a Joke

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Not a Joke

Post by Stu »

My wife and I went shopping today in a nearby town. We were hungry, so we bought sandwiches and a drink and sat on a public bench to consume them. The nearest building to us was some kind of public building with a sign outside saying "Assessment Centre". We saw a scruffily-dressed couple in their early 30s - man and woman - approach one of the doors to the building. The woman was in a wheelchair and the man was pushing her. There was then a conversation which my wife and I overheard and it went something like this:

Woman: "Yes, this is right the entrance"

Man: "No. We have to use the other entrance. We're not allowed to go in this way."

Woman: "Why not?"

Man: (Pointing to a sign on the door) "Look, it says there - guide dogs only".

Obviously a joke. :lol: EXCEPT....

Woman: (Frustrated) "No you idiot. It means dogs aren't allowed in the building unless they are guide dogs with a blind person"

Man: "Oh! Yeah! Of course. Ha ha!".

I am guessing the woman was the person to be assessed for her physical disability, but perhaps her partner should also have been assessed for his IQ.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Not a Joke

Post by Kirbstone »

Not a joke indeed and that husband is seriously low down on the I.Q. front. All public buildings have wheelchair access and the better ones now have sensor-operated opening doors, too.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !