Don't worry, most people know we're not trans

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Don't worry, most people know we're not trans

Post by moonshadow »

Uncle Al wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:43 pm I don't agree with the "woke" agenda being force-fed on American society. It is another
way to destroy our way of life, and tries to change or remove the history of our humanity.
I rode with a man once many years ago, we glanced over at a statue of a little girl playing a fiddle. The man commented sarcastically, "wonder how long before they tear down that statue?"

I told him, "John, I really don't care, tear it down, let it stand, it makes no difference to me..."

He replied "one day they're going to destroy something you believe in..."

"John, they already destroyed everything I believed in."

Now I conclude, there is no good, there is no bad, there just is.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

moonshadow wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:37 am
Uncle Al wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:43 pm I don't agree with the "woke" agenda being force-fed on American society. It is another
way to destroy our way of life, and tries to change or remove the history of our humanity.
I rode with a man once many years ago, we glanced over at a statue of a little girl playing a fiddle. The man commented sarcastically, "wonder how long before they tear down that statue?"

I told him, "John, I really don't care, tear it down, let it stand, it makes no difference to me..."

He replied "one day they're going to destroy something you believe in..."

"John, they already destroyed everything I believed in."

Now I conclude, there is no good, there is no bad, there just is.
I believe in the woke agenda! How about that? Before you get cross and turn away, hear me out. "Woke" just means "awake". I would rather be awake than asleep.
A friend said "you know there was a tribe that fell asleep as soon as they were attacked. They are extinct now".
There are things wrong with wokiness but it's a necessary part of change.
What is "our way of life?" Where do MIS fit in with that way of life? Will the the woke agenda make our lives better or worse?
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Barleymower wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:19 am"Woke" just means "awake". I would rather be awake than asleep.
No, in this context "woke" means that you've drunk the politically-correct Kool-Aid. It has precisely nothing to do with a state of consciousness.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

"Woke" is just a political word used to invalidate opinions of those on the left, similar to how words like "bigot", "racist", "sexist", etc are used to invalidate the opinions of those on the right. It's a growing list of words that when I see crop up... I change the channel.

More tribal nonsense from those who close their ears but never their mouths.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:50 pm
Barleymower wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:19 am"Woke" just means "awake". I would rather be awake than asleep.
No, in this context "woke" means that you've drunk the politically-correct Kool-Aid. It has precisely nothing to do with a state of consciousness.
Sometimes I think about setting up a Kool-aid stand on election say, where I will serve red and blue Kool-aid drinks.

The blue Kool-aid is 95% sugar (yes you'd eat it with a spoon).

The red Kool-aid has no sugar at all.

The blue will likely send you to the hospital... maybe the grave.

The red won't kill you but it taste like crap.

Such as it is with politics.
-Andrea
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Woke'ness seems to be evolving and growing legs for sure. I'm going back to the original intent of the word.
My eyes are wide open. No kool-aid for me.
🤣
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

SkirtCafe Barista, please give me a glass of the pink Kool-Aid.
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

moonshadow wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:12 pm "Woke" is just a political word used to invalidate opinions of those on the left, similar to how words like "bigot", "racist", "sexist", etc are used to invalidate the opinions of those on the right. It's a growing list of words that when I see crop up... I change the channel.

More tribal nonsense from those who close their ears but never their mouths.
This
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."- William Skakespeare
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

jamie001 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:04 pm SkirtCafe Barista, please give me a glass of the pink Kool-Aid.
And I'm the guy sipping on some southern sweet tea.
-Andrea
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:51 pmAnd I'm the guy sipping on some southern sweet tea.
This from a guy living hard against Puget Sound! :lol:
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!