Heavy feet.....

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Heavy feet.....

Post by Mouse »

A comment to one of my pictures involving some heels http://www.skirtcafe.org/forums/viewtop ... 75#p257375, Fred in Skirts talked about the weight of my heels. This got me thinking about some Timberland Chelsea boots which I have, that are not heels, but always feel heavy. So with Fred in mind I got the scales out and weighed the two boots. Are heels heavy compared with flats?

OR

So in this case, my Timberland flats are 366 grams heavier than my grey high heels.....

Interesting to know how much weight some of us are lugging around with us on our feet, maybe the girls in their ballet flats are on to something. To be fair though, the Timberland boots were from the fun female side of the shop when I bought them.

How heavy is your footwear?
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Heavy feet.....

Post by denimini »

Well That surprises me. I thought it would be the other way around.
The heaviest boots I have worn were ones I was wearing when I got stuck on a wet road. Every step I took added another layer of mud and when I tried to shake it off I nearly dislocated my knee.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Well, I'm of the opinion that it's more about the material the boots are constructed of instead of the heels or what height they happen to be. Just an opinion.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

I tend to wear backless wood-bottom clogs a lot. They are a bit heavy, but I find them comfortable. At first, I was concerned about the heel being a round 5cm, but that really hasn't been a problem.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Don't have them now, but I was a skier and those boots were not made for walking.
In all the years I owned a pair it never occurred to me to weigh the things, too late now.
Sobering thought.
Steve
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I agree, Downhill ski-boots probably top the weight scale. With advancing years and the proliferation of uncontrolled ski-boarders on the slopes, MOH and I invested in cross-country skis and boots. These boots, while robust and stiff, are considerably lighter than their downhill counterpart, are attached to the skis only by a little clip-on bar at the toe, allowing the heel to be raised during the movement. Off skis they are far easier to walk in too, but not very far....just far enough to get seated at a convenient auberge and order a couple of gluehweins.

My heaviest boots though are my chest waders, which I use for Salmon fishing and clearing out the pestilential reeds in our little garden lake. Other than that I hate boots and never wear them normally.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Seb

Post by Seb »

Yeah, downhill ski-boots are heavy and uncomfortable at best, the cross country ones are a lot lighter but just as uncomfortable to walk in - lucky that they are not meant for walking. :lol:

This is my pièce de résistance, my 14 hole Invader boots, with white lace-laces. These bad boys are heavy and not very comfortable to drive in(if they were, I'm not sure I'd have any other shoes). But I really love the look of them, and they are very nice to walk in and give excellent support to my floppy ankles. Sadly they don't get the amount of use I would like due to having to drive almost an hour to get anywhere around here.
boots.jpg
My daily drivers this winter has been this pair of Hiking boots, I had spikes attached to them when it was icy and slippery out that add another 100g or so, they have terrible grip on ice but are good in mud and slush(they are 3 season hiking boots after all) and are a lot more comfortable to drive in. During summer they mostly get used for hiking being replaced by some cheap ugly trainers from the Lidl for the commute/short trips out.
hiking boots.jpg
Now I have been looking at those duckfeet Himmerlands to add to the mix - to replace the trainers in the warm and dry half of the year - the trainers can be my gardening shoes from then on. xD
himmerlands.jpg
Apart from those two pairs of boots and the trainers mentioned, I have a pair of cross country ski boots and a pair of beat up worn out crocs and a hardly used pair of cheap "dress shoes" for when the situation requires. I'm not really a shoe guy. Actually, I think I have a pair of climbing shoes too, but I have not seen nor used those in at past ten years.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Not alone with a dream, Just a want to be free, With a need to belong,
I am a skirtsman
Freedom, Freedom, Freedom, Freedom