Sensitive Training

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
mr seamstress

Sensitive Training

Post by mr seamstress »

In the news today talks about in Japan employers require men to take a sensitive training about women in their menstrual cycle. In this training men are hook up to simulator make men feel same pain (abdominal cramps) as a woman feel. This training is to make man more sensitive toward the woman.
Japan employers are require to give women time off if the ask for it. Here in America this isn't done. Women are require to work during their menstrual cycle.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/hea ... 426177007/

In mine community I tried to find if women was on board having their men go through this type of training. The majority of women I tried to talk to just wasn't on board in talking this subject. I never ever known a woman that wasn't complaining about men for not being sensitive about their menstrual cycle. Couldn't get women say they would have their men to take this sensitive training.

Has anyone ever taken this sensitive training? If not would you take this training?

This training is to make man a better father and husband and more sensitive to women needs.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Sensitive Training

Post by crfriend »

Let's put the shoe on the other foot. How about training women how their machinations and head-games hurt their partners and significant others? Think that'll fly? I rather doubt it. Men aren't supposed to have feelings.

Men already know what women go through, they don't need to be painfully "trained" in it. Men are not dopes (ideally).
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I go to work to troubleshoot and repair restaurant equipment, not women.

That's why I love machines.... I can understand them. When my head is in a schematic or control box, I'm immersed in a world that makes sense to me.

People and society? Not so much.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:32 am I go to work to troubleshoot and repair restaurant equipment, not women.

That's why I love machines.... I can understand them. When my head is in a schematic or control box, I'm immersed in a world that makes sense to me.
I do the same thing except that I do it with computers. Pretty much each and every time I've tried to get on with people I've eventually gotten burned, or at least hurt very badly. Thus I am coming to the sad conclusion that it's better to simply give up and accept being a singleton for the rest of my existence. I tend to be OK if I keep my distance, but every time I've tried to get in close the result has been disaster or worse.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

moonshadow wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:32 am I go to work to troubleshoot and repair restaurant equipment, not women.

People and society? Not so much.
You understand me just fine.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

crfriend wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:57 pm

I do the same thing except that I do it with computers. Pretty much each and every time I've tried to get on with people I've eventually gotten burned, or at least hurt very badly. Thus I am coming to the sad conclusion that it's better to simply give up and accept being a singleton for the rest of my existence. I tend to be OK if I keep my distance, but every time I've tried to get in close the result has been disaster or worse.
Maybe it's the type of woman you're interested in that doesn't make a good fit. Widen your range and try again. There's always a special person out there for us. It takes a little work but you'll find her. Moon found me.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

moonshadow wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:32 am People and society? Not so much.
This is one of the reasons I like where I work: as someone noted when looking at a group photos of my colleagues, we're like one huge collection of nerds (even the women). Everybody has something weird, in any normal company we'd be the weirdos, but here it's the normal people that are the weirdos! :)

Of course, it doesnt help learning to interact with normal people, but at least I'm not the only one making social gaffes.