National Skirt Day

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
mr seamstress

National Skirt Day

Post by mr seamstress »

I hope you all are ready for National Skirt Day March 10, 2024.

https://nationaltoday.com/national-skirt-day/

Put on your favorite skirt this Sunday and celebrate National Skirt Day.
mr seamstress

Re: National Skirt Day

Post by mr seamstress »

There is also a skirt day in Netherlands that is called Rokjesdag. They celebrates it later than United States.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Most every day is a skirt day for me, so the odds are pretty good I'll be wearing one on this Sunday.

Unfortunately, this Sunday is "Dark Sunday" which is when we jump to Daylight "Saving" Time. I get jet-lagged twice a year, and I never go near aeroplanes...
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

Sunday I don't leave home except for diner at my brother's home, and he doesn't approve my skirt wearing. This will be a trousers day for me. Except "maybe" if there's sun and motivation at a time I can do a workout topless behind a window
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Spirou003 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:26 pm Sunday I don't leave home except for diner at my brother's home, and he doesn't approve my skirt wearing. This will be a trousers day for me. Except "maybe" if there's sun and motivation at a time I can do a workout topless behind a window
It sounds like you are just adding fuel to the fire by giving in to your brothers requirements to dress like he wants. I dress in what I want! I was told that I had to wear pants or shorts to my oldest granddaughters house or not come at all. I decided that it was her house and if I did not like her rules I was not forced to abide by them so I stay home. Yes it is hard to not see my great granddaughter but I will not be forced to not do something I feel is my right to do!
I know this sounds harsh but this is the way I am wired. I wear skirts and dresses 100% of the time, I no longer have pants nor shorts in my house to wear!!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
timemeddler
Distinguished Member

Post by timemeddler »

I've got a new kilt and skirt to try out, the forecast says it shouldn't be as freezing cold by that point so yeah.
timemeddler
Distinguished Member

Post by timemeddler »

Spirou003 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:26 pm Sunday I don't leave home except for diner at my brother's home, and he doesn't approve my skirt wearing. This will be a trousers day for me. Except "maybe" if there's sun and motivation at a time I can do a workout topless behind a window
get a cheapo kilt, and when he calls it a skirt, act all offended in a Scottish accent. HOW DARE YEA CALL THE KILT A SKIRT! :D
mr seamstress

Post by mr seamstress »

Do we really need a reason to wear a skirt? We can give all sorts of reasons of why we should be able to wear skirts. With National Skirt Day I can claim the government wants us all wear skirts and celebrate March 10.
In Hawaii, America's 50th state where men wore the sarong skirt. People wants to write off about men wearing skirts.
According to my last name my ancestors came from Ireland on my father side of family. I use that as another reason of my right to wear skirts.

There is a National As Young As you Feel Day that is on March 22. Enjoy.
As an old bloke I do that every day. Don't need a special day.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

@Fred: I need to keep my brother in my life much more than I want to wear a skirt. It's a simple question of choice. I am 31 years old, if I mess up too much it can lead to more than 40 years of miserable life to manage (it is currently already quite miserable in a certain way).
@Timemeddler: This does not apply, we are french speakers and he doesn't speak english. Even if he would, I don't know how to mimic any accent, even in french. And even if I would, such answer would not match my personality.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

Extra credit if your outfit is Nintendo-themed, because that's also Mar10 day!
mr seamstress

Post by mr seamstress »

Spirou003 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:34 am @Fred: I need to keep my brother in my life much more than I want to wear a skirt. It's a simple question of choice. I am 31 years old, if I mess up too much it can lead to more than 40 years of miserable life to manage (it is currently already quite miserable in a certain way).
@Timemeddler: This does not apply, we are french speakers and he doesn't speak english. Even if he would, I don't know how to mimic any accent, even in french. And even if I would, such answer would not match my personality.
I one of the bad things in life when family doesn't like the way how we live. I hope your brother accept you wearing what you want outside his home, that is he accept your attire when he visit you. Outright arguing over the matter as you said just add fuel to the fire.
I have one of my younger sister refuses to talk to me and yet she has no problem buying and wearing jeans. She is part of group known as the far right.
In the community I live in there is those who doesn't accept me in the attire I wear. I try to get women lo laugh or giggle over the fact all the men are running around in girl's jeans as the same they are wearing. My point my attire is no more girlish than what other men are wearing without arguing over it. Making laughter is better than picking a fight. We cannot force others to believe how we believe. Through laughter I try get my points across.
The weather here going to be chilly. I haven't decided yet one I want to wear, kilt, home made skirt, or the ones I purchase from store.
My last job of working was a seamstress before I retired.
timemeddler
Distinguished Member

Post by timemeddler »

mr seamstress wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:01 pm
Spirou003 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:34 am @Fred: I need to keep my brother in my life much more than I want to wear a skirt. It's a simple question of choice. I am 31 years old, if I mess up too much it can lead to more than 40 years of miserable life to manage (it is currently already quite miserable in a certain way).
I one of the bad things in life when family doesn't like the way how we live. I hope your brother accept you wearing what you want outside his home, that is he accept your attire when he visit you. Outright arguing over the matter as you said just add fuel to the fire.
I have one of my younger sister refuses to talk to me and yet she has no problem buying and wearing jeans. She is part of group known as the far right.
In the community I live in there is those who doesn't accept me in the attire I wear. I try to get women lo laugh or giggle over the fact all the men are running around in girl's jeans as the same they are wearing. My point my attire is no more girlish than what other men are wearing without arguing over it. Making laughter is better than picking a fight. We cannot force others to believe how we believe. Through laughter I try get my points across.
The weather here going to be chilly. I haven't decided yet one I want to wear, kilt, home made skirt, or the ones I purchase from store.
My last job of working was a seamstress before I retired.
ironic the part about the far right, since the klu klux klan outfit is essentially a dress.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

timemeddler wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:42 pm ironic the part about the far right, since the klu klux klan outfit is essentially a dress.
You are making a false assumption here - that a far right person approves of or aligns themselves with the kkk - I know a lot of far right people, and none sympathize with that group. If they did I’d disown them faster than you (or I) can put on a skirt. That assumption is used by people who want to drive the left and right apart for political reasons.

I think a far right person needs to be schooled - that the same freedom’s they so cherish - speech/expression - also means freedoms of others to have their speech/expression protected even if they don’t like it. They may not like MIS - but it has little to no bearing on their existence, and if they don’t like it - they have the freedom not to like it! But they don’t have the freedom to control our lives.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Coder wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:21 pmThey may not like MIS - but it has little to no bearing on their existence, and if they don’t like it - they have the freedom not to like it! But they don’t have the freedom to control our lives.
Try convincing a Crusader that his quest is futile. That will go nowhere. Talebans -- of all religions -- need to be driven extinct,

We are not dealing with rational thought here, and the sooner we realise that the better.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
timemeddler
Distinguished Member

Post by timemeddler »

Coder wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:21 pm
timemeddler wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:42 pm ironic the part about the far right, since the klu klux klan outfit is essentially a dress.
You are making a false assumption here - that a far right person approves of or aligns themselves with the kkk - I know a lot of far right people, and none sympathize with that group. If they did I’d disown them faster than you (or I) can put on a skirt. That assumption is used by people who want to drive the left and right apart for political reasons.

I think a far right person needs to be schooled - that the same freedom’s they so cherish - speech/expression - also means freedoms of others to have their speech/expression protected even if they don’t like it. They may not like MIS - but it has little to no bearing on their existence, and if they don’t like it - they have the freedom not to like it! But they don’t have the freedom to control our lives.
that was meant as a joke.