Basketball team ban because of their sex

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
mr seamstress

Basketball team ban because of their sex

Post by mr seamstress »

A basketball team was ban because of their sex. They made it to championship. They prove how one sex can beat the opposites sex in fair game.

https://www.rawstory.com/next-level-basketball/

Girls can outperform boys.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Basketball team ban because of their sex

Post by moonshadow »

Wait.... but...but....

I thought the BIG reason trans-girls couldn't be on a girl's team was they would have an unfair advantage...?

Guess they want their cake and to eat it too.

I've often wondered how society is squaring this whole sports thing with regard to gender....

Society: "Women and girls are better at everything... boys suck!

Transgender girl wants to join a sports team...

Society: "Women and girls are weaker in sports, no trans-girls allowed!"

Corn-fed Kentucky girls enter the chat.... :lol:

What another load of horse crap!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

Typical: Shooting used to have mixed events, but after Zhang Shan won gold at the 1992 Olympics she was unable to defend her title in the next Olympics because women were banned from competing in the 1996 event. You can't even argue this was done to encourage more women to compete because they didn't bother putting a women's version of the event in until the 2000 games.

Can't have men losing to a woman, bad for morale.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

rode_kater wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:06 pmCan't have men losing to a woman, bad for morale.
BS! Pure and simple. In events that are technological -- and shooting is one of those -- raw physical strength is not all that important. It's finesse.

Not surprising in the least that a woman could best a man in something like that. Just as it should be. Let the best sport win.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

crfriend wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:58 am
rode_kater wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:06 pmCan't have men losing to a woman, bad for morale.
BS! Pure and simple. In events that are technological -- and shooting is one of those -- raw physical strength is not all that important. It's finesse.
Of course it is. But the fact that some people decided she wouldn't be allowed to defend her title based on her sex is just bizarre.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

What are the odds that somebody brought up Deuteronomy in the argument -- women shall not take up the things of men...

These are intellectual throwbacks and really need to be roundly ignored -- or shouted down.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:42 pm What are the odds that somebody brought up Deuteronomy in the argument -- women shall not take up the things of men...
I'd hear it from time to time back east, especially deep in the hills. It didn't happen often, but every now and then you'd catch an old timey preacher on a rant about "these women and their pants these days!!!". :lol:

Interestingly enough, I don't think those people ever even thought about the possibility that a guy might wear a skirt.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

My son is a martial artist.
He trains males and females from about 5 years old.
While they don't compete "mixed", they do spar.
Weight for weight, a boy has no clear advantage based on gender alone, ability is the decider.
What I find most amusing, are the non sports like darts and snooker, never appears to be mixed competition or ensuing controversy there.
I wonder why, I really honestly don't know.
Steve.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

STEVIE wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:34 am My son is a martial artist.
He trains males and females from about 5 years old.
While they don't compete "mixed", they do spar.
Weight for weight, a boy has no clear advantage based on gender alone, ability is the decider.
What I find most amusing, are the non sports like darts and snooker, never appears to be mixed competition or ensuing controversy there.
I wonder why, I really honestly don't know.
Steve.
Men generally have better hand eye coordination. And better sense of direction. A hangover no doubt from our spear chucking days. Coming back to camp with kill is going to win you more friends and lovers than being empty handed. Of course not all men have better hand eye coordination and vice versa.
Hunting days are over and men still went out and hung around in snooker halls and pubs. All makes perfect sense to me?
But now .. pubs are closing and women are getting involved more. The female warriors are flexing their muscles!
MrSoapsud

Post by MrSoapsud »

STEVIE wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:34 am What I find most amusing, are the non sports like darts and snooker, never appears to be mixed competition or ensuing controversy there.
You're forgetting Fallon Sherrock who did well in professional darts events recently.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

MrSoapsud wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:20 pm
STEVIE wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:34 am What I find most amusing, are the non sports like darts and snooker, never appears to be mixed competition or ensuing controversy there.
You're forgetting Fallon Sherrock who did well in professional darts events recently.
I don't follow TV sports at all, but this proves the point. Games like darts and snooker are perfectly suited to mixed competition.
BM there were female hunters and warriors in the past too. Skill was skill and not to be wasted on gender niceties. The only reserved occupation was producing babies.
Steve.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Stevie, I don't deny it. I don't look down on women, far from it but practicalities are practicalities. Babies take a lot of looking after. A women needed a man who was on his game, back then. At the time she needed him most.