What have you discovered through wearing skirts and dresses?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What have you discovered through wearing skirts and dresses?

Post by jamie001 »

Grok wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:02 pm
photoguy207 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:29 pm Putting a lot of thought into what I am wearing that day.

“If I wear this top, and this skirt…”

With pants, it’s grab this and grab that…ok to go!
Me too. Thinking about wearing a skirt leads to thinking about what other garments will go well with that skirt. Trying to come up with an outfit that will look good.

With trousers, though, it usually means throwing something on to cover up my nakedness. In terms of appearance, to be at most presentable (if just barely).
When wearing a skirt, sometimes it is hard for me to choose what heels to wear with my skirt. I need to match the color and choose open toe or closed toe pumps, how high of a heel that I want to wear from 1.5 to 4.5 inches, and then to select one of my purses that matches the outfit. A gitl has to be put together!
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Indeed, jamie001. Members have commented that, when they finally start to wear a skirted rig out and about, they have a new found reason to care about their appearance.

In contrast to typical drab male attire. There is little incentive to concern yourself about your appearance, because the result will at best look dull.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Thinking about the comments to this thread, as well as the link....

So, if a woman reacts positively to a man in skirts, it is likely that he is:

1. Accepted as, but merely as, a casual acquaintance.

or....

2. Taken in as one of the girls.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Grok wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:17 pm Thinking about the comments to this thread, as well as the link....

or....

She is more than likely showing support for him, recognising that he will not get much positive attention. She does this in the knowledge that he is not and likely will never be her significant other.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

The sensual aspects pf the lower body. For example, when a breeze swirls up the skirt.
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

Barleymower wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:21 pm
Grok wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:17 pm Thinking about the comments to this thread, as well as the link....

or....

She is more than likely showing support for him, recognising that he will not get much positive attention. She does this in the knowledge that he is not and likely will never be her significant other.
Barley and Grok those are such “glass half-empty” answers. It is not all doom and gloom.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Jamie, I'm realistic. Unless a man in a skirt is already in a relationship he is unlikely to find a female partner. Thats just the way it is.

In general women find it easier than men to find a partner. Women can afford to be a bit more choosy with a league of hopefully men buzzing around them.

If you view being one of the girls as positive then that's great and I like that too. But being friend zoned is not going to be helpful if you are looking for a partner.

I am also prepared to act on behalf of MIS.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

I did. In 2008 I met a woman. From the outset I stated that I had an expanded clothing range including skirts, tights and heels.

She was okay with that. She’s now my wife. She’s still okay with me wearing what I want. Well, less so the heels!
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

Barleymower wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:21 am Jamie, I'm realistic. Unless a man in a skirt is already in a relationship he is unlikely to find a female partner. Thats just the way it is.

In general women find it easier than men to find a partner. Women can afford to be a bit more choosy with a league of hopefully men buzzing around them.

If you view being one of the girls as positive then that's great and I like that too. But being friend zoned is not going to be helpful if you are looking for a partner.

I am also prepared to act on behalf of MIS.
I believe that you are looking the in wrong place. Women in the artsy community and nerdy women in science are much more open minded. You never want to give up being who you are for another person. It inevitably results in depression and other illnes. Take it from someone who knows. If you love wearing skirts then that is a part of you. Giving it up will eventually cause psychological issues that may not appear immediately, but they will definitely appear.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Thanks Jamie, I've been with my wife since 1999 and no plans to look elsewhere. She's enormously supportive.